5.0 out of 5 stars I wish he'd written this 5 years ago.
An excellent book by Mr B. Every word is true, no nonsense and clearly spells out the steps you need to take OR NOT when setting up a business.

Having just buried my first business I wish I had had it 5 years ago. Lessons I have learnt the hard way are spelt out here and should be heeded.

While giving every encouragement to the budding small business...
Published on 3 Sep 2008 by A. C. Shaw

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..
Published on 23 Sep 2010 by Amazonmaniac

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish he'd written this 5 years ago., 3 Sep 2008
A. C. Shaw (Lincs. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wake Up and Change Your Life (Hardcover)

While giving every encouragement to the budding small business person, he makes no bones about the need to know your market, your figures and when to walk away.

A valuable book no small business should be without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 20 Sep 2008
This review is from: Wake Up and Change Your Life (Hardcover)
I bought Audio version of this book from itunes as I can listen but may buy the book as well just to back up what was said, the book gives case studies from known people like dragons den`s James Cann and other well known business people and how they got started and gives snippets of what their best advice would be.

It is not surprising that the advice they give is very similar in style and not one of them says that they regret anything about how they got started.

Buy it, it truly is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I WOKE UP AND CHANGED MY LIFE, 1 Sep 2008
Ms. L. Elderfield (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wake Up and Change Your Life (Hardcover)
Having already been inspired by Duncan Bannatyne's first book, I had waited with eager anticipation for the release of this, his second publication. I was not disappointed and could simply not put it down.

Written with unequivocal business insight, this unique bible offers genius and sound advice from someone who has travelled the journey from extreme poverty to multi-millionaire status.

A must read for business entrepreneurs everywhere, it is an inspiration beyond compare for all of us who want to better ourselves and emulate our nation's richest, most popular and treasured Dragon !

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring read..., 22 Aug 2008
This review is from: Wake Up and Change Your Life (Hardcover)
I purchased this book yesterday for my annual holiday read, though couldn't wait until I hit the beach so started to read it when I got home and couldn't put it down!
I finished the book in the early hours of this morning and felt inspired to leave a review before I jetted off for 2 weeks as I couldn't wait 2 weeks to tell my business friends how good it is!
I found the book to be an essential tool in planning, raising funds and running your own business.
This is a 'must read' from the most famous Dragon from the BBC2 program.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging and exciting, 3 Nov 2009
This is really a good book for beginners full of tips which makes you feel that you can actually be an entrepreneur, getting started with not too much money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I love, 21 Jan 2013
I read this book years ago, although I had a good job, well paid job. I was exhausted most of the time and thought one of these days I shall put that book in to practice. I read it in December and on 31st Dec I left my job and began the process as outlined in this book. Read it. You're worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good weekend read, 27 Sep 2009
S. M. Nottage "suzannenz" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The strengths of this book are the many real life case studies of entrepreneurs told in the first person and the lack of jargon - Duncan just tells it like it is: you need a reasonable idea and lots of hard graft. It would be handy if the case studies had their own index, as they're handy to refer back to, although there is an excellent index. It can be a bit repetitive (about Duncan's own success) and he can come across as a bit FIGJAM - but as he's a multi millionnaire and I'm not, I'll give him his dues. His 'Anyone Can Do It' title is a more compelling read but this book is more useful in terms of learning about how to become a successful entrepreneur. I have read a few business books and still learned some good tips, e.g. 'factoring' charges and it was re-assuring to hear from others how long they struggled for without throwing in the towel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm.., 23 Sep 2010
I listened to this CD some time ago and at the time I quite admired the man for his achievements coming from such a humble background and all. Sure, he's now a multi-millionaire and has worked hard and long for it. But now time has passed, I get the feeling that what I heard on the CD was just a rose tinted egotistical version of his past business endeavours. Also, don't expect to hear the man himself, he's engaged the services of a professional narrator to tell the story for him, which sadly comes over like a voice from Radio 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better value than an MBA, 6 Oct 2011
This book was a joy from beginning to end. Focussed squarely at business and covering every aspect of it, there were genuinely useful and interesting lessons here to avoid making mistakes yourself with a startup or ongoing business. It was typical Duncan - straight to the point, inspirational and in lamens terms.

The case studies from real world entrepreneurs were also welcome additions throughout the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going into business, read this., 26 Sep 2009
R. Litchfield "Roy Litchfield" (Walsall UK) - See all my reviews
It is very comprehensive in business start up. It will put you off if you are thinking of main stream business. The business I have needs only 200 start up, no stock, no staff, no premises and plenty of good income, so this book was a bit over the top for my business. The testimonies are excellent.

Wake Up and Change Your Life
Wake Up and Change Your Life by Duncan Bannatyne (Hardcover - 21 Aug 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01