5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fantasy fiction that is truly mesmirisingly magical...
The sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind has to be one of the greatest fantasy fictional works ever written, that has delighted readers for years by standing out whilst new authors appear. Beginning with the magnificent `Wizards first rule' this epic saga continues to take your breath away with each volume, being such an inspired storyline that gets better and better...
Published on 29 July 2012 by Lucinda

3.0 out of 5 stars You what, Kahlan?
Having read the other reviews, it looks as though most people didn't like getting sidetracked by the whole Anderith subplot. To be honest, I loved it. It was certainly a refreshing change, although it did seem to make the book slightly out of place with the rest of the series thus far.
I didn't find that a problem at all. And whilst the Chimes were never...
Published on 3 Feb. 2006

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars So where's the rest, 20 Oct. 2014
great series but where is the rest for amazon uk

next book there in German or audio download or in USA

1.0 out of 5 stars From a nice collection to boring and do I really want to read any more!, 9 Jan. 2014
Having read the first four books and gone from enjoying them to..oh no, here we go again with a nice 10% start a slow 70% and then an ending to leaving you fairly satisfied, I was really hoping that this would have been a lot better. This part of the story was unremarkable, unmemorable and was the usual torture and rape and torture and more torture as is expected, and very little else. In all honesty, even these areas seems to have lost any of their edge due to their overuse!

The book as stated by other reviewers just seems a total waste. The story rarely gripped me and at one point I found myself moaning to my wife about it, as you can guess what's coming chapters in advance! Surely that's not worth spending hard earned money on!

I wish it was better but it just isn't, I really do not know what else to add other than poor comments, so will leave it at that.

Sorry TG, you leave me gutted and bereft of any real enjoyment in your work. I had hoped to be drawn back in, but unfortunately, feel even further away from wanting to read any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better !, 1 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
Another fantastic book in the series .... the plot has me enthralled, I just can't stop reading it over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 Sept. 2014
Still a very good read in the truth series, hope it continues for many more books to come, can't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab auther, 9 May 2013
this is a great auther and writer of magical books and stories i will enjoy all the books out there

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series can't wait to see how it all works out, 10 Dec. 2012
This is a wonderful story. As part of a series of books I am looking forward to reading the rest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Parallels with Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time series, 13 Mar. 2009
I read up to book 6 in the series (Faith of the Fallen) about 10 years ago when I first discovered this fantasy author.

Just re-reading it now some of the newer books in the series are out to see if it is worthwhile buying the later additions to the series.

I too feel as though this story could have been wrapped up in at most six books and still been an epic fantasy. It seems the norm now that these authors fill page after page with dull events and sub-plots just to eke the series out to the maximum number of books. I mean twelve books!!! each containing on average 600 pages.

I'm sorry Terry but I don't think I will be buying any more of the series. I did plan to but paperbacks are just too expensive these days and nothing I have read in these reviews convinces me that it would be worthwhile to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 4 Sept. 2014
Brilliant read, a bit slow in the middle but after that I couldn't put it down. Worth a read x

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but will get better, 14 Jan. 2004
After reading this book again after reading the rest of the series i must say that it is good but the others in the series are better. The chimes are a completely intangible enemy and all the characters seem to be helpless to do anything. The plot meanders along until the end where surprise surprise Richard finds the solution. Dont get me wrong i did enjoy this book the first time but that was because i hadnt read any of the others. It seems like a very inactive book. There are no major battles and there is no pitting of the characters wits against any real challenge or so it seemed to me. however if you are getting into the series it is definately a book that you should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Great reading. Have loved all of his books and would recommend to all.thank you

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

Soul of the Fire: Book 5 The Sword of Truth (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Soul of the Fire: Book 5 The Sword of Truth (GOLLANCZ S.F.) by Terry Goodkind (Paperback - 10 July 2008)