5.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Fantastic, 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
My best friend Debra bought this book for me because I have been wanting to have some cosmetic work done prior to my son's wedding. I want to look my very best and feel proud when I see the photos -- not horrified. I keep talking about it, but was so overwhelmed by the horror stories I read every day that I did not even know where to begin. I read Ms. Lewis's column in YOU and love her no nonsense approach. I was not disappointed. Her new book is honest, direct, and informative. It is packed with useful advice and is a pleasureable read. It is now circulating amongst my bridge club! And, I now have three consultations booked with highly recommended surgeons and I feel excited and armed with good information. I also have bought some new skincare and make up that she suggests and three people have commented on how well I look. Every woman needs this book as their new secret weapon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 8 Oct 2009
Sally E. Rey (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
A very interesting read which goes into all the pros and cons of having 'work' done. Will use it as a reference should I ever decide to go down that route! Good price and arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun read!!!, 28 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
This was a really light read that made me smile throughout, but it was also meaty and filled with excellent beauty advice. I recommend it to every lady who wants to be her most beautiful self and just needs or wants a little help to get there. Three cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars the Ulitmate Beauty Bible!, 28 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
I read about this book in a magazine at my hairdresser and made a note to check it out. I bought it last week and finished it in less than 72 hours. I was gripped! It was like all your best girlfriends most amazing advice and then some. I have learned so much not just about the expected nip & tuck advice but about make up,slincare, nutrition, -- you name it Miss Lewis has some amazing advice. I really cannot recommend this book strongly enough. I have told all the girls at work and have already seen a few pink covers peeking out of their handbags. Do not leave home without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel pretty, 14 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
The pink cover just caught my eyes when I looked for books on beauty. It's so alluring and feminine! And what a lovely surprise to have such an equally pleasurable read. I learned so many beauty tips I feel like I have been given a gift I need to pass along to friends. And I intend to! There's a very endearing honesty in the way the book is written, and Wendy clearly wants to share her expertise so plastic surgery and taking care of your looks won't be such a maze of mystery to the rest of us after all. Thank you, I look forward to your next book -- I hope there is a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty in pink - a girl's best friend (if you're over 40), 7 Jan 2008
Evie "Makeover Maven" (the Big Apple) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
My favourite part of this book are the Beauty Junkie questions. It's as if the author was reading my mind. What woman hasn't asked these questions?! Is there such a thing as a non-surgical facelift? What if I don't scar well? Do facials really make you look younger? Can I gain weight after liposuction? I've spent a small fortune on creams and there comes a time when you have to be realistic about what they can do. Now I am ready for the next step up. Reading Plastic Makes Perfect is like taking a crash course in everything cosmetic. Get this book and hide it in a drawer so your husband doesn't find out all your secrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to get my own copy of this book, 7 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
I picked up this book at my hair salon and couldn't put it down, so I decided that I had to have my own copy to thumb through. It was already sold out at the Waterstones near me. It's so pretty - and easy to follow. I love that it gives the fees for everything, and the 'ouch factor' so you know how much it hurts. No one tells you the truth about these treatments, so it's like having a personal guide to sort through it all. The Recovery Remedies are very useful too, and the fact that she wrote it for British women makes it easy to find products you need in the UK. Wendy Lewis is independent also so you know she is impartial and isn't pushing any surgery or clinics. I loved it. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must read" for every woman who wants to look after herself!, 7 Jan 2008
This review is from: Plastic Makes Perfect (Hardcover)
This is an amazing book packed chock-a-block with the kind of info I was searching for. It's a great read, and I really learned a lot. I have been thinking about having a nip or a tuck, but haven't plucked up the nerve yet and may never do it. But after reading this book, I think I gained an understanding of what is on offer and I feel well educated. It's a bit scary to see the adverts in the papers and there are so many horror stories out there. I read Wendy's first book when it came out, The Lowdown on Facelifts, which was very good too, but this one is even bigger and better and covers literally everything, even skin care and makeup tips. So far, Ive changed my foundation, binned the face cream I'd been using for years, and booked myself in for a peel. Thank you Wendy.

Plastic Makes Perfect
Plastic Makes Perfect by Wendy Lewis (Hardcover - 27 Dec 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01