5.0 out of 5 stars Back an track
I have to agree with what other reviewers have said about book 3 being the worst of the series. When I was reading it I just couldn't get into it as well as the other 3 books. I am glad that Jeff Lindsay decided to go back to the style of writing of the first two books for his fourth.

"By Design" had me hooked from the first chapter and as always there are a...
Published on 2 Oct 2009 by David Abraham

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointly Dodgy Dexter
Oh, how I waited impatiently for this book to appear. Having discovered Dexter through the TV series, and then moved on to the books and found them superior, the prospect of the fourth novel was almost too much to cope with and remain sane.

And how good it felt to start reading, especially as the supernatural angle of the previous one had gone and we were back...
Published on 4 April 2009 by V. Crook

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on form!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
And he's back on form! Break out the firework... or meat cleavers.

After the last book I was concerned at the writing, the aspect of Dexter's witty confidence being gone, then the marriage, possibly tying him down to a more domestic life.

In this book however he grows bigger wings and finds himself in the awkward situation of feeling, as well as being a teacher to his new children. I love the human aspect he showed, realising that maybe those emotions are in there.

For me the ending was a bit rushed, and I felt Dexter let his human mask slip a bit (not that anyone really noticed) by not acting how he should after a major incident. I am not fond of having what was essentially a Doakes replacement arrive, but I guess our favourite serial killer has to have more obstacles to overcome - as if a pre-built family isn't ties enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book by Jeff Lindsay, after returning to the written style of his previous books. Looking forward to reading the next one in the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
Once again Jeff Lindsay takes you on a rollercoaster ride with Dexter. A thrilling read and hard to put down

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
Dragged a little at times, albeit held my interest. Kyle is not a very interesting character. Missed Debs' input in the latter half of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
Always a great read, and love the fact that despite the lovely Dexter's hobby you're on his side, written with a lovely understated humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
Jeff Lindsay has done it again. Another great book and I thoroughly look forward to the next. Much better than the television series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deeply, darkly funny, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
This book is full of dark humour, and yet the plot still has substance - feeling much more realistic that the previous book. Definitely a good, short read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dexter, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Dexter By Design (Kindle Edition)
After the first few pages I was hooked,I read the book in a day and half amazingly thought out and described so the reader feels like they are there with him on his mysterious nights out amazing read

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Dexter by Design (Paperback)
Perfect quality and cheep as well. very happy with the product, I can not wait until I am going to read it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving these books, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Dexter by Design (Paperback)
I have never seen the tv show as I find things like that difficult to watch without having nightmares afterwards. However I don't have a problem reading about them which sounds odd but true. I read the first books in 3 days in total and went straight onto this one. I love the dark humour in these books and find Dexter a very likeable character even though he is a serial killer. I have to admit to finding Deborah really annoying though and one of the most inept police detectives I have ever read about. She seems to rely on Dexter to find even the simplest of clues and even then he has to explain them as if he were talking to a child. I'm hoping she will get better but I very much doubt it. I have given this book a four star rating, it would have been five were it not for desperate Deborah.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Dexter by Design
Dexter by Design by Jeff Lindsay (Paperback - 20 Aug 2009)
5.59