5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming
Published on 31 July 2008 by bk.worm

3.0 out of 5 stars PERFORMING TO REQUIREMENTS
In Cheshire, fire destroyed Cholmford Hall soon after World War 1. Only recently has an enterprising developer converted the large stables into five desirable residences. Four are now occupied. This is the story of those who live there.

Published 17 days ago by Mr. D. L. Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 31 July 2008
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
After finishing Erica's latest novel, I felt the need to check if I had missed any out, and was pleased to find this. The characters all come together as neighbours living on a new property developement surrounded by beautiful countryside. Jessica - bossing her mother to 'take it easy', Kate - who just wants a child of her own. The anger that Josh feels for the MS, and how it keeps all who love him at arms length. You end up wishing all of them happiness, all apart from a rather uptight Amanda and a rude Ruth!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 3 Jan. 2009
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
This was the first Erica James I read and it's still my favourite. It's an addictive read and I absolutely LOVE the ending! Please read this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 13 Jun. 2010
Mrs. G. Murphy (bolton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
its the first book by erica james i have bought'
really enjoyed it, will be getting more of her books,
also book arrived on time and in very good condition

3.0 out of 5 stars PERFORMING TO REQUIREMENTS, 13 Jun. 2015
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)

The new neighbours? Romantic novelist Jessica Lloyd, striving to erase memories of love-cheat Gavin on Corfu. Josh Crawford, struggling to cope with increasingly intrusive Multiple Sclerosis. Grieving widower Tony, aware he has probably remarried too soon - new wife Amanda at odds with his little girl Hattie. Glamorous Kate living with much older divorcee Alec, she bitterly resented by his bossy daughter Ruth.

All seems set for an agreeable read. Many have clearly found it so. Sadly I had problems from the start. Forever I could sense the writer at her keyboard, conscientiously trying to keep the story moving along. The characters seem firmly rooted to the page, simply doing what Erica James requires of them.

Somehow the mechanics of writing seem to have got in the way. Almost 400 pages of this represented a challenge. I persevered mainly in the hope of seeing Amanda and Ruth get their comeuppance, both of them rather horrible.

Not for me then, but not disliked either - there simply a wish that all those concerned had sprung into life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sense of belonging, 29 Sept. 2010
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
Absolutely love Erica James's style of writing, her descriptions of both people and places make you feel at home with the story. This book "a sense of belonging" is just one of her many titles that I have read, but this one is particularly personal to me as I am a sufferer of Multiple Sclerosis and her descriptions of her character Josh's symptoms are so real and I can put myself in his situation.
I look forward to reading many more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars ERICA NEVER EVER FAILS - SHE BRILLIANT READ, 18 Feb. 2011
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
I HAVE NOW READ EVER ONE OF HER BOOKS AND LOVED THEM ALL - PLEASE COULD SHE WRITE A BIT QUICKER SO I CAN HAVE A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Sense of Boredom, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: A Sense Of Belonging (Paperback)
I really like Erica James and have found her books easy to read and normally I can't wait to see what happens next, but I found "A Sense of Belonging" rather boring and it's taken a long time for me to get through it because I've not felt the urge to pick it up as much as I have her others. It just seemed very slow.

Josh became really annoying, Ruth is the type of woman you want to slap, Kate was equally irritating for allowing herself to be treated like a doormat, Amanda was downright horrible and Jessica was annoying while Tony came across as a wimp. Anna was the only character whom I thought actually had some character and substance to her and whom I really liked. The rest of them I had little time for.

You may like it, but not one of her best for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars The romance of Josh and Jessica, 28 Oct. 2013
Very disappointed in this book. Not as I have come to expect from Erica James. Story lumpy disjointed and predictable. Hatred the references to last century fashion and events. This made the story feel old and irrelevant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 7 Jan. 2014
Mrs. B. R. Allpress (Morden.surrey) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed reading it was different to what i normally read and i enjoyed it ,and has added a new author to the list that i like

5.0 out of 5 stars Love everything she writes., 31 Dec. 2012
What more can I say, I think she's brilliant. I think I have read nearly all if not all Erica's books and I love them all.

A Sense Of Belonging
A Sense Of Belonging by Erica James (Paperback - 1 May 2008)