Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 April 2007
Absolute beautiful, Postsecret is everything that is great about the internet. What started in 2004 with a few postcards inviting people to contribute a personal secret to a community art project soon grew into an internationally popular website with more than 3 million hits a week. This book is a reproduction of some of those postcards which have made the website such a joy.

Each of them is a work of art and a glimpse into the mind of a stranger. The scope of the secrets range from childhood confession to criminal guilt, and in each of them one can discern a considerable cathartic experience. Open the book at any point and you will find something to make you laugh or think about or even cry. One reads, "I envy the willpower of anorexics." Another, "Sometimes I put coins in people's parking meters." Another, "For the first time since I was a baby I am finally happy. I am 28"

Here is everything it means to be human combined into hundreds of brief, artistic portraits of long held secrets. A very special book indeed. A coffee-table book which will have everyone who opens it engrossed. If you don't believe me, visit [...] and see for yourself.
on 29 November 2005
You don't need to read the book to know that this is a worthwhile purchase.
Visit the website. If you like what you see there, you will like the book its that simple. I discovered postsecret accidently whilst surfing one day, now not a week goes past that don't visit.
There is something oddly comforting about reading other people's secrets, regardless of how horrific they are.
Everyone has a secret or two.
Reading this book, will make you realise that whatever your secret is, you are not alone.
on 29 October 2006
I had this book sent to me from amazon.com when it first came out in America. As soon as i found out there was to be a book i had to buy a copy of it. If you have ever seen the website at [...] (it links you to the blogspot) then you'll know what this book is going to be all about. When i see these postcards that people have sent in to Frank, i really start to relate to some of the cards. To be honest, when you are struggling with a problem and you see the exact thing that you are thinking about as a postsecret you realize that you are not alone in dealing with problems. I recieved the book and it is excellent. Well worth the money. After reading through it and lending it to a friend, who has now shared it with her friends i decided that i should get a couple more copies for other friends. This led to me buying two more copies of this book as well as pre ordering copies of the next two books. It's the kind of book that you can bring out when your with a group if friends and just all sit in silence, totally absorbed by the book untl someone relates to one of the cards and then you all share your feelings. It is an excellent book and i would advise you all to buy at least one copy for yourselves if not buy others for your friends.
on 23 July 2006
I bought this book as soon as it was scheduled to be printed and waited for a few months exited to read all the odd, sad, wonderful and horrifying secrets of other people.

I have been to the website at least a 100 times, it is so comforting to read secrets that resembles your own, it makes you feel more normal :)

Go visit the website if you don't know the postcards, if you like it buy the book - it's that simple.
on 17 September 2006
To say that this book will reveal you a lot about the inner lives of people would be an underestimation. It goes even beyond that and allows you to connect with the others, to feel their happiness, sadness, triumph and depression. "Postsecret" gave me so many aha experiences. People have secrets for very good reasons and once you learn some of them you get an (unfair) advantage over the others. It is hard to predict what will be your reaction to the secrets revealed in this book but I am sure that it will leave a lasting impression in you just as every bold and highly valuable book does. "Postsecret" is one of the few books that may change your life and I highly recommend it.
on 28 September 2008
Frank warren distributed 3000 blank postcards with an address on asking people to mail him any secrets they have for an art project. He asked them to be as creative as they could in terms of illustration and design.
The result is both interesting and imaginative. There a huge variety of confessions, from funny to heartfelt and there are some beautiful illustrations.
I highly recommend this book to anyone. My older sons have also looked through it and found it interseting. It is a lovely coffee table book and one of those books that you would keep returning to every now and then. I am definitely going to buy the other postsecret books that Warren has brought out.
on 15 November 2008
PostSecret is 356 peoples' souls splurged onto a piece of card and sent off into the ether. You'll come across secrets that make you smile, and ones you identify with without quite understanding why; there are sad secrets, dark secrets, criminal secrets and joyful secrets. These alone would be a fascinating thing to read and, in fact, books such as Stoned, Naked and Looking in My Neighbour's Window are unputdownable (not to mention laugh out loud funny).

However, add to that, every single secret is also a work of art, and this is what distinguishes PostSecret from all the other confession/secret-glimpses compendiums. The level of creativity and soulfulness splashed across the pages is something quite special, and as you get deeper into the book, you feel a little like you're tumbling down the rabbit-hole after Alice.

I noticed a couple of secrets that struck me as fake ("Once I was asked by a doctor if I was hearing voices. The voice in my head shouted 'TELL HIM NO!'") which is a pity, because reading them breaks the spell almost instantly, but as soon as you turn the page, you're wandering through the minds of strangers again, and before I knew it, the book was finished and I'd lost an afternoon.

Whether you're interested in art, psychology, coffee-table books, or whether you feel alone and just need to connect, this is the best £7 you'll ever spend.
review image review image
on 28 December 2006
I got this book for Christmas. It was on my wanted list and now holds pole position on my coffee table. Its not really a book, its a collection of postcards describing people's unspoken 'secrets'. Every-one should pick it up and flick through!
on 15 December 2006
I came across Postsecrets completely by chance while I was Chritmas shopping for my family. One quick flick through and I had to buy it. The beauty and honesty of the book is quite overwhelming. Every postsecret reveals a moment of great sadness, joy, despair, mischief - in fact every human emotion possible. The secrets are from real people and reading them is a hugely cathartic experience. I cried, laughed and was shocked at some of the secrets and I firmly believe that this is a book that should be at least read, if not owned by everyone!
on 18 March 2006
I love this book...for some time i would look at it on amazon, and consider buying it, but one day i just went for it, and i am so glad i did. It is a really emotive book that should not be taken at face value, when you read some of the entries you can really feel the sadness, pain, and sometimes even the sheer joy of the people who wrote in....and it makes you think..in all, this book is a must!