4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
I loved this book. It's an incredibly evocative, engaging and informative journey round the Mediterranean in search of the secrets and traditions of the olive. Carol travels by herself, sometimes to dangerous locations such as Libya and Lebanon but at all times her enthusiasm and passion for the olive shine through. Highly recommended.
Published on 14 July 2007 by Katharine Hambly

3.0 out of 5 stars more olives!
I thoroughly enjoyed Carol Drinkwater's 'Olive' series and was delighted to hear of a fourth volume. I was, however, somewhat disappointed. She seems to be carried away by her enthusiam and her prose, in places, borders on the 'purple'. I was constantly irritated by the excessive and sometimes inappropriate use of adjectives and adverbs. Having said that the book provides...
Published on 27 Jan 2007 by Mrs. ME Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars A FASCINATING TALE OF A SYMBOL OF PEACE IN AN, 16 May 2007
Having read Ms. Drinkwater's three memoirs, I wasn't properly prepared for the fascinating, often dangerous journey she took to learn how the olive tree came to the European continent. From her first serendipitous meeting on a plane with a woman that led directly to the discovery of a 6000 year old tree, to the dreadful turmoil surrounding the planting of new trees to replace the wonderful old ones torn up in an ongoing conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians - I was with her every step of her remarkable journey. Her writing is nothing short of magnificent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering Olives!, 20 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Olive Route: A Personal Journey to the Heart of the Mediterranean (Paperback)
I have just discovered these books and I am so glad that I have. Here in South Africa olive faming is not such an old tradition. Learning all this great stuff and travelling with the author to places I have always dreamed of visiting has been terrific. She writes so well that I feel I am there with her at her side.

5.0 out of 5 stars My interests all in one book., 4 Mar 2014
Reading through all Carol Drinkwater's books slowly, Olive Farm,Season,Harvest,Route with Olive Tree next. Recommend them all,keeps me interested, easy reading at it's best for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb read!, 8 Feb 2014
LaineyTiffers "Lainey" (Brighton, East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I love the Olive series! Again, Ms Drinkwater paints a very vivid picture that immediately takes me to my favourite places! Highly recommended reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift., 25 Oct 2013
Mr. Arthur Westbrook "Medic man" (Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This book was for a birthday gift for a good friend and his feedback is very positive. He took the book to France on an extended holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have reviewed this book a moment ago., 18 July 2013
I wrote a review a few moments ago. Saying how much I loved this book. It must have got lost in transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carol Drinkwater, 10 Mar 2013
CAROL DRINKWATER I am not a fan but my wife is and she is delighted with it , enjoyed reading it very much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Luvvie language, 4 Feb 2008
I found this book terribly tedious, it wasn't 'til I checked the info on the author and discovered she was an actress that the luvvie language fell into place. She clearly read and enjoyed Mort Rosenblum's fabulous book 'Olives', before writing this piece of frippery. His book is a joy, a carefully crafted and accurately researched work, with plenty of laugh out loud prose. Do yourself a favour, take the original journey with Mort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 July 2014
I have enjoyed reading all of the 'Olive' goods by Carol Drinkwater and would recommend them.

2.0 out of 5 stars sos, 16 Mar 2008
I am still ploughing my way through this book, but it is hard going. The method of writing becomes very irritating and gets in the way of the plot, with the excessive repetition of certain words and phrases such as "ancient peoples", "hirsuite", "crepuscular" and "drupes". Am waiting for a sentence where she uses all of them at once. It is also a shame that she doesn't mention more about her own farm and her relationship with her husband, about which she is irritatingly secretive.

The Olive Route: A Personal Journey to the Heart of the Mediterranean
The Olive Route: A Personal Journey to the Heart of the Mediterranean by Carol Drinkwater (Paperback - 13 Jun 2007)
6.99