Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 June 2007
A pleasant enough little story about The Sullivan family and in particular the youngest daughter. This was published especially for World Book Day and as such I think intended more for those amongst us that do not normally enjoy reading. How can that be not us you say! However we all know someone we would like to encourage to read, try this then!

This little book only 106 pages took me one afternoon session to read. It is one of the 'Quick Reads' publications.

The story is also a good introduction to the work of Maeve Binchy, though due to its length much shallower than her novels. I hope 'Quick Reads' will also work as an introduction to authors people may otherwise not try. Maybe also get people keen on reading!
This was a disappointing read. I liked Nights of Rain & Stars, but this was just too shallow. I guess it may be hard to achieve the usual Maeve Binchy standard in such a short book, but everyone I lent the book too felt the same way.
on 21 February 2011
Maeve Binchy on form.If you liked 'Lilac Bus' and 'Evening Class' The main character Star is both irresitable and irritating like most teenagers! Recommended.
on 11 June 2011
Star Sullivan was a very easy read, I read it on the plane to the Canaries. I would recommend this quick read to any female,it is not really a male type of book. This story could be any young person born into a large family and its going ons. A very sweet little story. Pandora.
on 10 December 2011
I have been an avid reader of Maeve Binchy for years and this is again a gripping story that takes you on a journey with the family involved, a brilliant piece of writing.
on 12 September 2012
This book was a really good read,, as usual, from the late great, Maeve Binchy. The characters come to life and you really are in the story with them, and feel you know them. Enjoyed it from start to finish.
on 8 November 2012
As ever with this author the characters emerge from the page as real people having ordinary conversations in everyday settings. Except in this short novel, some of the events are out of the ordinary and point up people's character strengths and flaws in a way we have come to expect from Maeve Binchy. And of course, she does not disappoint here. She describes the daily interactions of her characters with extraordinary clarity. A good, short read
on 5 January 2013
I have never read Maeve Binchy before but I did enjoy the story. I usually go for crime thrillers. It was good to take on a train journey and passed the time nicely. Keep it in your guest bedroom for visitors. There is another Maeve Binchy quick read called "Full House". I would recommend that story, especially if you have grown up family!
on 21 August 2013
I think I have pretty much read every Maeve Binchy book apart from a couple of these quick reads and her newest one that I won't buy tilits in paperback as I prefer that format!! All her books draw you into the storyline easily! Just so sad that there won't be anymore now x x
on 24 January 2013
Was too short...didn't realise quick read meant very short. (My fault). The quality of Maeve Binchy is always there and she drags you in with the rest of the characters as you watch what happens.