4.0 out of 5 stars Take me to the South of France- right now! (4.5 stars)
First of all, I haven't read `The Olive Farm' but I will now- to find out how actress/author Carol and her film-producer partner Michel initially came to purchase their own piece of Provencal paradise! Lucky them- I am very envious they own such a wonderful home in such a glorious location, though thankfully I don't think you have to read the first book to get hooked on...
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by Nicola F (Nic)

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing follow-up
I was really looking forward to reading this book after so enjoying "The Olive Farm", within the first few pages however I realized that this was going to be a disappointment. After reading the Olive Farm I grew to really like Carol and Michel, but after reading the first chapters on their wedding, I realized that I really don't like these people. Carol seems terribly...
Published on 24 Mar 2003 by Bruce Dawson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Sep 2014
very absorbing

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a book as..., 5 May 2008
B. Tromans - See all my reviews
.. a load of celebrity twaddle.! A very poor sequel although her previous book was at times hard to read. I quickly grew tired of the word wandering the smug narrative and tiresome, irritating and sickly self congratulating. I simply could not get beyond chapter three.
Time to put a ban on fading 'stars' to 'share' their life changing experiences with us.
Loved the dust jacket though.

Peter Mayle you have a lot to answer for!

4.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down, 12 Sep 2014
loved it

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing sequel to The Olive Farm, 22 Sep 2003
By A Customer
I liked the Olive Farm; well written and touching. I was looking forward to the sequel but I am finding it a struggle to read. I find it verbose and disjointed as if it were written in a hurry or lacked planning. In The Olive Farm Ms Drinkwater gave much of herself. In the sequel she does not and as a consequence the book is rather impersonal.

1.0 out of 5 stars why did she bother with a sequel?, 2 Sep 2003
By A Customer
I don't really understand why Carol Drinkwater bothered with a sequel; it was obvious to readers that she had just written this book to fund for the Olive Farm.
I really enjoyed "The Olive Farm" but was very disappointed with the "Olive Season", as the sequel was just about her; and not about the farm, the French cultures and festivals and cuisine like in the first book. A very disappointing read and I was expecting better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Curtailed review of a reader, 16 July 2007
Lotman46 "The Bear" (Lot, Southwest France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Olive Season: By The Author of the Bestselling The Olive Farm: Amour, a New Life and Olives Too (Paperback)
Having written two reviews on books published by Carol Drinkwater, Olive Season and Olive Harvest both now withdrawn by someone at Amazon as to critical. It does beg the question of seeking readers reviews when you are constrained to any other comment than pure praise for the Author!!( See Amazon's Conditions of use)
So in that context, I won't say what I feel about the Author's scribblings other than to say read the book by all means if you find it at your local libery,car boot sale or given as a present!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but Disappointing, 20 Oct 2003
No need to have read 'The Olive Farm' first to appreciate this book - it stands alone just fine. Easygoing, enjoyable read with some descriptions of mouthwatering meals that Carol throws together always accompanied by several glasses of wine that will make you yearn for a 'simple' life in the sun. However, the big disappointment for me was Carol's assumption that using water diviners is somehow part of the rustic mediterranean charm and was a quite amazing spectacle and a novelty. Yes, it is amazing, but Carol gave the impression that she had no idea that many homes in the English West Country and Wales and huge numbers of us here in Scotland, rely on water diviners, well & borehole diggers for every drop. I live only 35 minutes drive from a Marks & Spencer, Next,John Lewis etc., and have just had our old well replaced with a 45 metre deep borehole. Her disbelieving, slightly amused description of water divining in Cannes I found rather irritating as it is just a fact of life in the UK.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›