5.0 out of 5 stars More and more vindicated
Whilst Ms. Simmons has been slaughtered in the mass media over her revelations, it is interesting that since the inquest into Diana's death has begun, she appears to be receiving vindication on an almost daily basis.

Published on 19 Dec 2007 by A. H. Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Read a tabloid
If I suggest reading a tabloid then how did I come to read this book? Where I live choices are limited and I wanted a quick read. I have avoided all articles and books since Princess Diana died and doubt if I'll read anything else after this.
Published on 26 Jan 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars More and more vindicated, 19 Dec 2007
A. H. Robinson (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews

Whilst newspapers do not report the full facts, they are on the inquest website... but much of it was in Ms. Simmons's book published a couple of years ago.

Simmons's writing style is accessible to all, covers some previously unexplored and fascinating insights into a fabulous woman and it is likely only to upset those who have created for themselves a fairytale illusion that they do not want shattered.

Read it and accept what you like, read it and dismiss if you wish, but accept that Diana was a person not just a media image.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read a tabloid, 26 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Diana. The Last Word (Paperback)
There is nothing new and I was fascinated with the way the author dealt with information. Safe from a libel case, she offers direct quotes from Diana, but for anyone important who is still alive (so not Fergie) she aludes to what was said or done (incest?!) or reports what Diana said they said.
She does not portary the late princess in a poor light, but she does write things that make her look a bit silly and a true friend would not reveal such things - whatever her intentions.
Throughout my reading of the book I had two recurring thoughts about the author's relationship with Diana: did Diana really tell her all those things? Was the author such a signifcant influence? For example, igniting her interest in landmines.
She has a knack for using hindsight to good effect - or perhaps it is all down to her powers of healing and second sight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good, 3 Oct 2011
So after hearing mixed views on Simone Simmons I wasn't sure whether this book would be a load of witch craft and hype. It's not. Like Ken Wharfe's book it give us an insight into Diana's everyday life through little anecdotes which are really endearing. Interesting little things that any Diana fan would love from her beauty routine to her eating habits!

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Diana. The Last Word (Paperback)
Ive been wanting to read this book for a while but I was disappointed everything in the book you could have read in tabloids or other people's books Im really sorry but I think this book was more about the author than diana I think she just want to tell the world she was diana's "friend " & make money like everybody else sorry simone none of it add's up & its very sad you had to do this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Diana. The Last Word (Paperback)
bought for my daughter she will watch it over and over, ideal gift.

Diana. The Last Word
Diana. The Last Word by Simone Simmons (Paperback - 22 Feb 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01