on 25 September 2007
If you looking for a How To book, this isnt it. I picked up this book because I was interested on how he made it, but mainly looking for hints and tips on how to run a business, i didn't find them.

Thats not to say that I was disappointed in the least though. The story takes you on a rollercoaster and proves that the title of this book is true. If you think you havnt been dealt the right hand in life and you wont be able to do it, read this book, truely inspirational.

If you want a how to guide, dont buy it, if you want to be inspired, view the life of a succesful businessman who started from literally nothing, then buy this book.
on 7 August 2007
I bought Anyone Can Do It to take on holiday with me, it was recommended by a friend and I thought OK why not. From reading it I now understand why my friend would not lend me hers, what a superb read. It had me laughing in chapters and crying in other chapters.
What I found most interesting from the book is that it motivates you in all aspect of your life not just business.
on 27 October 2006
If like me you are an avid viewer of `The Dragons Den', you will have already had a glimpse of the personality of Duncan Bannatyne. From the inability to hide a mischievous grin when faced with a weird and wonderful contestant or idea (and in some cases both!), to getting seriously involved in negotiations on an idea he thinks could work, you get a hint as to why he is successful, he enjoys what he does and he seems to enjoy life.

The book generously expands on these aspects, and works at different levels, giving you in his own words, both an insight into the man as well as how he has developed his flourishing business empire into a huge concern, with no signs yet of wanting to sitting back and rest on his laurels!

It's a great read whether you are looking for a business book with a difference or simply to know more about a man who truly believes that anyone can be as successful as he is, if they approach things with the right attitude. But be warned, once you start reading it will be difficult to stop and you'll probably end up reading the book in one sitting and on coming to the end, find that all those ideas you had of creating your own business suddenly have a new lease of life!
on 7 August 2007
I found this book to be brilliant, once I started to read it I just could not put it down.
I don't normally read books but I thought I would give this one a go, totally inspirationally. If you are lacking inspiration this is the book to read.
on 6 February 2007
Duncan Bannatyne's autobiography takes you through a fascinating journey from his formative years in Clydebank, his days in the Navy to his current TV successes with Dragon's Den. Its written simply without any sense of pretention. From early on you start to sense that Duncan takes no prisoners in business but yet is wholly ethical and caring in the way he runs his companies. There's no magic formula for success in the book but what it does teach you is that to make serious money you need to invest again what you make from your first venture and keep doing so until the end result is a string of business all providing healthy returns against capital. It's not all success though, there's plenty of failure there too, not least of which is his turbulent personal life and failed deals that fell foul of Duncan's obvious principles.

Overall it's a great read and thoroughly entertaining. It gives you a real understanding of what it takes to be entrepreneur, and its not so much having great ideas, far more about getting out there and making things happen.
on 16 February 2007
I love this book for many reasons; however my biggest reason is that this is both a story about success in business and is also about success in life. So many entrepreneurs strive forward because they never find contentment within the life that they have. It is great to see that Duncan Bannatyne has both contentment in the present and excitement about the future!

This book is not just a must for entrepreneurs, but it is for anyone that needs a little bit of a nudge in the right direction. I really believe in the saying "You decide the limits of impossibilities" and in this book you really see how a young guy guy Clydebank with little education really did achieve the impossible and achieve the life of his dreams.

This book will make you laugh and cry, but best of all it will inspire you.

Do yourself a favour and get this great book today...

Warmly,

Richard MacKenzie
Author of Self-Change Hypnosis
I met Duncan and his children some years ago and have followed his career with interest - at that time he was fairly well established in the care homes sector, and already a wealthy man. It wasn't that that impressed me though, it was the dedication to his children which shone out. He is a 100% family man, and though his TV persona tries to hide it at times, a really decent guy.

Anyone Can Do It is an enormously readable book - not a punch is pulled by Duncan, notably in his retelling of his Navy career, and several heartstrings are tugged en route. Duncan is a hard -headed businessman, sure, and nobody's fool, but he is also a man of great compassion and this shines out in the book.

Here is the proof that nice guys do finish first. Sometimes.
on 23 November 2006
This book arrived on the Wednesday Afternoon and I had finished it by early evening Thursday. You will just not want to put it down!!

Bannatyne is clearly a man driven by a desire to succeed, both personally and professionally. Not afraid to work hard to acheive his goals, with a keen eye for talented staff and a business mentality built on morals and common sense and a need to make a small difference to the world around him.

The book also illustrates a more sensitive side to Bannatyne and his work with Unicef. A great read for any wanting to learn about self made millionaires or simply wants understand the man himself.
on 4 August 2007
I really enjoyed this book and like many other readers I struggled to put it down until I had finished. However I also agree whilst this book is a good read it is not life changing. Saying this there are some valuble lessons that can be learnt from the book including Duncans attitudes and methods in dealing with his lawyers,builders and employees
on 11 May 2014
The only good thing I can say about this book is that Duncan Bannatyne was brave enough to write it himself: it was so poorly written (and edited and proofed - the Kindle version anyway), that he clearly didn't use a ghost writer.

I didn't know much about Mr Bannatyne before reading this book. I was looking for insight and inspiration into starting up in business. Instead, what I learned is how he looks down on his sibblings (who, he is perplexed to add, are satisfied with what he calls an 'ordinary' life), owns a villa in Cannes, rents a private jet and has helped with charitable work in Romania. But the book lost all credibility at this line: "It was there and then that God said hello."

Yes this man has made a fantastic success of himself, having amassed a fortune from humble beginnings. But it has made him big-headed and, quite frankly, dull.

Don't turn to this book for inspiration.