5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant like the man himself, 27 Jun 2008
M. Donnelly "26963" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
I bought this book after watching Marco on Hell's Kitchen and becoming intrigued. I wanted to find out more about the man and this autobiography is a wonderful read. This is Tracey talking, my husband hasn't read it yet, but what impressed me most about this autobiography is that it's as though you can hear Marco's voice, it's as if he's sitting opposite you. From the tragic loss of his beloved mother at such an early age to his time at Harveys and disputes involving cheeses, coats and customers to his three stars, to handing them back and finding out what he wants to do with his life after the kichen, it's all here. A brilliant book from a brilliant man.Looking forward to his new tv series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Excellent read. Brought back my personal memories of this cooking hero of mine.
From little-seen midweek lunchtime ITV food programmes to Times newspaper reviews and articles.
A superstar.
Go to YouTube and enter 'Marco cooks' to see what all the fuss was about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 1 Jan 2011
1st of all, Wow to the condition of this hardback book;-)White Heat
What can i say!! amazing book, a must read;-) I met Marco in oct/2010/ what a guy, Honest , thoughtful, kind & considerate & a genius, My Legend. This book if you read it with care & remember this Man was an ordinary guy that worked for all that he has achieved to this day, see through the tough exterior & see the man within;-) Happy Reading;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars I was humbled, 7 Nov 2007
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
When I read Gordon Ramsay's 'Humble Pie', I didn't think another autobiography would come close to touching it. I was wrong. Marco Pierre White's 'White Slave', is a great autobiography and comes in equal to Ramsay's. Marco Pierre White is a legend chef, a hard working kitchen artist and a private man. This book starts (like any other autobiography) with his childhood and he takes you for a ride through the ups and downs of his life right up until 2006. As soon as I started this book I could not put it down. Every chance I had I would pick it up and carry on reading. Marco really knew how to grab hold of the reader and keep them with him on his journey when he started to write this book, and the only time I was disappointed was when I finally finished it. I would highly recommend this book to anybody. You get dragged into the book and are wanting more by the end. A top, top autobiography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can put down a must for chef's, 30 Oct 2006
John (Bunbury, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Had to say my wife went crazy with the lights on into the night, a very enjoyable read, from a misunderstood genius, good insight into what we chef's have to put up with! Lots of good gossip and bitchiness as well just what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, 21 May 2014
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
What a fantastic story about his life , I take my hat off & bow to marco , because he worked so hard with his childhood , start from the scratch his job with hard up the money into upward into the quality of life .

Brilliant book , it assume hard to stop read it , I kept read it until the end .. Will read it again sometimes

5.0 out of 5 stars Honesty is the best policy., 23 April 2012
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Exactly what you would expect from a Yorkshireman, total honesty, whether incriminating or not. Really interesting insight into the requirements of Michelin in their 3 star awards. MPW is not everyone's cup of tea, but his dedication to food quality is inspirational. Even with a ghost writer, his personality shone through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational book., 26 May 2009
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
While I know that the reputation that Marco Pierre White has is that of a very difficult individual, you can't help but be inspired by this book. Also, his explanations as to why he is the way he is really illuminates the method behind his madness so to speak. Just his sheer passion is inspiring but when combined with his story, this book is truly exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one's sooooo good, 31 Aug 2006
C. Hutchins "Chris Hutchins" (Richmond, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Absolutely compelling. I bought it a couple of days ago and haven't been able to put it down and as a result have reead it in - for me - record time. He's undoubtedly a great cook but what I want to know is who taught Mr Pierre White to write so well?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 24 Feb 2007
S. M. Hagget "Steve Hagget" (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Slave: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
A brilliant book that is genuinely written and a fascinating incite into life as a Michelin Starred chef. Marco Pierre White's light touch that has inspired so much great cooking in this country sits beautifully alongside the tough upbringing and the crazed and merciless environment of the kitchen.

White Slave: The Autobiography
White Slave: The Autobiography by Marco Pierre White (Hardcover - 23 Aug 2006)
Used & New from: 0.39