5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 30 Jan 2006 by Ek Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Finding it hard to get into to
Published 2 months ago by Linda Friday

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Jan 2006
Ek Stewart "Book Explorer" (Newport, South Wales) - See all my reviews
I required this book by mistake and wasn't even going to pick it up as I thought it would be an old granny novel but on a rainy day I picked it up, and I didn't put it down. It's story is modern and heartwarming as you follow Victoria in her last week of her childhood home and meet the new neighbours, each with their own story. This was such a heartwarming book and it has everything. It's funny, frightening at times with a love story or two thrown in to boot! I would recommend Maureen Lee to anyone now as I have read several of her books and she has such diversity, it is so refreshing to find an author that doesnt just stay in one comfort zone but explores other realms. I'm glad it was raining one day as I discovered something wonderful in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 23 July 2009
S. Perkins "Sharon booklover" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
The Old House On The Corner by Maureen Lee has to be my most favourite Maureen Lee book.

I found the differing families and their past history really added to the book and knitted all the characters together.

All the way through the book I hoped that it would end happily for two of the characters, sadly it didnt and i admit to feeling very saddenned. However the book is wonderfully written, interesting and with quite a few twists and turns to keep one wondering and focussed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good holiday read, 9 Aug 2010
Mrs. E. Parker (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
This book is a really good holiday read. There are many different characters, set around a new housing square in Liverpool. Maureen Lee surpasses herself once again. I found the book difficult to put down, and it keeps the reader alert until the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable story, 26 Nov 2010
M. G. Gower (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
I was not disappointed in any way with this book, it was full of interest and a sure sign of an enjoyable read is that I got through it so quickly, I have read her books before and always enjoyed them. She takes you into the families featured.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made this man cry!, 10 July 2007
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
What a great book. I saw the cover and it looked like a Mills & Boon romance - how wrong can someone be?

The story tells of the new residents to a new street of houses in the Smithdown Road area of Liverpool. As someone who lived off Penny Lane and Smithdown it engaged me straightaway. From there I fell in love with this book staying up until 4am to finish it.

It is poignant, amusing and romantic. The characteurs are real and three dimensional. I know I've met some of them, somewhere in my travels. In the end I cried - which is rare if not unique. Read it - it's worth the trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maureen Lee, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
really enjoyed this, it was very different to some of the other books I have read by this author but it was a good read and I felt sorry when I came to the end

5.0 out of 5 stars truely brillient book, 13 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Old House on the Corner (Paperback)
This book was fantastic, about the residents of a small cul-de-sac each one with a different secret and tradegy in their normal lives and how they help each other over come them. Could not put this book down

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 17 Jun 2014
could not put this book down excellent read would recommend this book as it was recommended to me and I loved it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Old House on the Corner
The Old House on the Corner by Maureen Lee (Paperback - 5 Feb 2009)