VINE VOICEon 5 February 2009
I enjoy reading thriller type books and after reading the summary of this book thought it would be right up my street. However, I was wrong. I am not easily confused but this book starts introducing characters like the phone industry introduces us to new mobile phone models. Consequently, it wasn't long till I was a bit confused as to who was who and because of that I shut off from the story a bit.

There was a twist in the tale which I didn't expect which is a good thing because you often guess the twist. I think the story would have been better just concentrating on a few characters instead of the vast array it introduced.

I won't be looking for any more books by this author and, therefore, cannot recommend this book.
on 28 December 2012
Slow moving in patches but lifted by an explosive climax this book has strong characters, which elevate the familiar elements of the plot.
on 11 March 2015
Just started this book and so far it's good.
on 29 October 2015
Whit Mosley is my fav coroner!
Here we have an example of an author who has risen in prominence due to gone good marketing, eye catching covers and the success of `Fear'. I very much enjoyed Fear and thought Paranoia was okay, so when I saw this cheap, I jumped in..
Black Jack Point is a thriller based on a blend of murder, bad guys and a treasure hunt. Elderly couple killed discovering treasure hunters and the story and characters twist around in circles from that point.
I must say that there are obviously previous novels to feature local JP Whit and his chums and I have not read them and that may be a reason that I did not enjoy this. Far too many characters and a tired old plot with not that many thrills made this a bit hard to churn through and I have to confess I was quite relieved when I finally completed it.
Not recommended.
44 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2015