Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 September 2005
I have tried out the Horrid Henry books with groups of children as a parent, as a babysitter, and as a teacher. Children love to either hear them read aloud, or to read them themselves. The books are spot on for the 5-8 age range, and are fun for the adults who share them too. You can read the Horrid Henry books in any order; they will all prove a smash hit. Funny and clever: they will appeal to children who like, or will go on to like Roald Dahl (although the humour isn't quite as rude as Dahl can be!)
VINE VOICEon 15 September 2003
This is a great cassette to listen to with Miranda Richardson as always adding a lot of humour with her interpretation. The sound effects and story telling enhance the book. My son has a lot of enjoyment from listening to these stories at home or in the car. The four stories will make you laugh (and wince) as Horrid Henry accidentally puts on the wrong pants, hits on a novel scheme for writing thank you letters, has to eat his vegetables and manages a day off school.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 March 2016
My 6 year old son loves these Horrid Henry Books. My son is a big lover of books and is ahead of his peers in reading. I purchased some of these books as they're chapter books but with short chapters, big words and pictures. It has the feel of a older childs chapter book in size and is a good introduction to longer stories. Each chapter is a few pages long and each page has an illustration on it relating to the story. Each page has a few lines of words - which is roughly a couple of sentences per page. My son had a few horrid henry storybooks as a child - I like that although Horrid Henry can be such a little stink he always tends to right things, even if temporarily. His relationships with those around him are very typical of a lot of boys around the 6-8 age roughly - bickering with his brother and occasionally talking back. He has a big imagination and gets up to all sorts.
In this story Henry finds a package with some rather frilly pants in them and tries to get rid of them in various ways, but they always seem to end up back with him.
on 4 June 2013
We love this book because it's really funny and we love to read it. We never get bored of reading the book because its one of a kind. Some people don't like the book but to us this is one of the best books ever that we have ever read. The main character is Horrid Henry and he is a mean person in the book. He has a younger brother named Perfect Peter and he is as good as gold and his perents love him more than Horrid Henry. Moody Margaret is Horrid Henrys arch enemy and they are always arguing because they hate each other. We would recamend this book to kids aged 7 to age 12. Hope you enjoy the book if you ever come around to reading it. Thank you for reading our review don't miss out on the fun of the book. Elle and Stevie, 10 years old, south Wales
VINE VOICEon 2 September 2003
Four new adventures with Horrid Henry which made both myself and my six-year old son laugh out loud. This is the best collection of stories yet. Horrid Henry's antics will make you cringe at times - the things he tries to get away with! ..... but these stories will always make you smile - they're brilliant!
on 16 February 2013
This book is just about the worst of the Horrid Henry books although they are all pretty bad. Henry is a boy who calls names, bullies, exploits weaknesses in other children and the author draws attention to reasons why children can be bullied ( e.g they have a lisp). Henry and his 'friends' ( there's nothing that resembles friendship in these books) slap each other, shout, name call and are rude to teachers and parents. In this book your child will learn about 'de-bagging'- the removal of a child's trousers in the playground to humiliate them - it's the sort of behaviour that the national anti-bullying campaign is trying to stamp out and not to glamorise. It will however in this book be presented as something humorous and harmless but like all bullies Henry is happy to dish to out but can't take it.I don't know why would you want a child to read this.
on 8 July 2013
Have you ever worn a little bit too big pants and u had really girly underwear well I have !!!!(not)!!!!! Ha Ha! And I hope this speech helped you because if it didn't I will be really upset because I I I I I I...... I don't know!!
on 16 May 2013
I gave this book*****(five stars) because there were really funny and interesting bits in the book which were really good indeed!!!!! If you hated this book, you are not like me at all or you've done it on purpose obviously!!!!!
on 5 October 2009
Horrid Henry does lots of silly things to Perect Peter.My favourite thing about the book is his underpants because it is funny when he wears them to school and tries to steal someones trousers.I like this book because it is really really funny. I would recommend this book to children and parents and teenagers.
on 2 June 2013
It was a good book. I liked the story of the vegetables. I wish I could have a restaurant with sweets in it. Not 1 with vegetables in it.