Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 August 2007
Uderzo quickly redeemed himself after the awful previous book, which was the first created on his own. This is much more like the old stuff, a sure footed adventure on a mission overseas. There's lots of humour in this one without watering down the action, and some of the little plot devices are excellent. Features a spitting image of a certain famous espionage agent. Near to getting 5 stars, but the weak ending let it down.
on 18 June 2001
Fans of Asterix will love this book. As usual there is the blatant humour with all the little subtilties that even the oldest adult finds amusing. Yet another educational twist as things we take for granted are subjected to a makeover by Uderzo and Goscinny. Geniuses at work!!!
on 17 May 2000
I am 22. I read the Asterix books years ago when I was in school and I have just started to buy them for myself again. I know you are probably thinking "What? He`s nuts! " but I feel that the humour in these books is more suited to an older audience. I am pleased to say that I will have these books for ever now and I will be able to share them with my children, as and when they come along.
on 10 June 2002
Asterix and Obelix are off on yet another adventure, #27. This time it's to the Middle East to find rock oil for Getafix's magic potion, they are accompanied by a roman secret agent Dubbelosix who is determined to sabotage the adventure anyway he can. Asterix mets may strange people in the desert, which wears his patience down very thin, finally Dogmatix finds what they are searching for, so they set off for home with their precious cargo only to lose it all, or have they?
on 21 January 2001
When Asterix and Obelix go to the Land of Black Gold they come across the most breath taking adventures. The illustrations are fabulous! They show the all the details of The Promised Land, the way it looked in 50BC, at the time of the Roman occupation! Asterix and Obelix have the funniest way of doing things, when they go on the first quest ever for black gold!
Just Brill!
on 15 March 2016
This are for my grandson who is nine. He loves the Asterix books so was very pleased to receive this one.
on 9 October 2015
still a kid and loving these books
on 4 July 2015
Good Story.
on 27 April 2013
book in excellent condition and what a service!!! arrived in excellent condition as described and on time. value for money. very very pleased with my purchase, thank you so much
on 17 April 2013
VERY EXCITED AND PLEASED WITH THIS PRESENT. Our grandson is interested in ancient history, and the format of the Asterix series give him many hours of happy reading