on 20 February 2000
This is a superb book which I purchased after hearing Brian Gallagher reading it at his Irish launch in Dublin. The writer has an excellent command of the English language which he uses to full advantage to describe the 'love/hate' triangle that exists between Julie, Nicole and Ronan. This is an impressive debut for this new author and I look forward to his next book which he is currently in the process of writing.
on 15 August 2000
I absolutely adored this book! Congrats to Brian Gallagher! i liked the book so much that i intend writing my Response to Personal Reading (RPR) for my higher english course on this novel... i would recommend this book 2 anyone who would like a good read which will make them laugh, cry and become addicted and unable to put this excellent novel down!
on 14 October 2000
I really enjoyed reading this book and had to keep reminding myself that the author was male! Brian Gallagher has a real insight into just what lengths females will often go to. A very amusing plot. I particularly liked the mother-in-law from hell and saw some similarities with my own! I will certainly buy Brian's next book. Hurry up and write it!
on 11 February 2000
The revenge of a woman scorned has never been so humorously delivered than in Gallagher's book. This tale of the Bridget Jones generation is beautifully played out, very accessible and quite simply incredible from the pen of a MAN! A triumph of female friendship over betrayal - sure to be on every sunbed this summer but God help the poor fish!
on 17 January 2001
This was one of those books that I found very difficult to put down. It provided me with a very enjoyable read and many laughs! I'd recommend it to all those females who have been ratted on by males.
on 19 March 2000
i laughed and i cried. what an absolutely wonderful novel, a female perception from a man. i did however feel sorry for the fish and will never look at fish mousse in quite the same way!
on 27 February 2015
Brilliant book & so funny! I can't believe it's written by a man???