5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect slice of nostalgia
Giles Chapman has a canny knack of relieving me of money and boy does he deserve it with this new book.

Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cars we Loved of the 60s
The book was good but could have been more comprehensive. Still its a good addition to my collection.Condition etc was good
Published 7 months ago by George Robert Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect slice of nostalgia, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)

It's an absorbing and extensive catalogue of the cars of the 1960s, with featured cars profiled alongside period photographs, reviews and promotional material. It's fascinating to read the appeal, folly, history and thinking behind cars such as the NSU Ro80 or Mk1 Escort - all accompanied with Chapman's economic and entertaining prose ("positive plethora of possible permutations" anyone?).

What elevates this particular book is the short essays Chapman includes - on the driving and car ownership experience of the decade: I had no idea, for instance, that purchase tax was as high as 60% at one point. I found it fascinating to put the cars into context - who knew that petrol distribution, aftermarket car alterations, film and tv placement, the development of the motorway and industrial conflict could be so interesting!

Absorbing, entertaining and thoroughly satisfying. And yes, I've had to buy the 70s book to continue the fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., 24 May 2014
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
I have read a lot of Giles Chapman books and they are always well worth reading.

His latest book CARS WE LOVED IN THE 1960S is no exception. It is very entertaining and filled with excellent photographs of cars that people of a certain age will remember fondly. In addition to Chapman's well written text, there are numerous quotes from motoring articles written during the production life of the vehicles.

If you like or remember cars of the 1960's and you want a nostalgic flick through a time when the British motor industry was a major force in world motor manufacturing this book will be a great pleasure.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
Bought the book for my father who was totally glued to it. Couldn't say thank you enough, a perfect fathers day gift. Great for any birthday or stocking filler. I will be buying the rest in the series. Thank you - a great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't dither, buy it now!, 30 Jun. 2014
Paul "KingRat" (Canterbury, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
My son bout me this book for Father's Day and I read it the next day, I absolutely LOVED this book, it brought back so many memories of the bangers I used to drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
a smashing little book, I owned a few of the cars featured in there myself, very nostalgic.

4.0 out of 5 stars gorpete, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
Nice little book that offers a good colourful presentation of the cars shown,

5.0 out of 5 stars the guy loved it., 6 Jan. 2015
Mr. Leslie Ballard (Cardiff UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars We Loved in the 1960s (Paperback)
This book was bought as a present, the guy loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jan. 2015
Excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Cars we Loved of the 60s, 20 Jun. 2014

Cars We Loved in the 1960s
Cars We Loved in the 1960s by Giles Chapman (Paperback - 1 April 2014)