5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Introduction to the History of Leeds., 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Bloody British History: Leeds (Paperback)
I found out about this book through Twitter and it has been worth every penny.

There are very few books that I can't put down but I just wanted to keep going with this one. It is not often that a history book makes you smile or even laugh out loud but I will admit that this book made me do both so I hope the author won't mind me describing his book as being like 'Horrible Histories' for adults. Where else will you find chapters dedicated to exploding Mummies and Dripping Riots? I am now keen to explore more of the history of Leeds so it has served as a great introduction.

Go on treat thissen.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... friend who lives in Leeds or nearby then I recommend you buy this a prezzy for them, 21 July 2014
L. Mcdonnell (uk) - See all my reviews
If you're on your way to visit a friend who lives in Leeds or nearby then I recommend you buy this a prezzy for them. I bought it for my friend who lives in Hebden Bridge and she loved it . It's a great insightful local history full of amusing stuff. Plus it's written by a local author so you get a proper northern perspective and you support the community :-) It's not a boring history book for academics , its a cool thing for the coffee table to nip in and out of but tells it like it is ! A really good stocking filler this christmas for all your northern mates .

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 16 Jun. 2014
Very interesting and well written. I would have preferred more recent history but neverthless good value for money, and recommend the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
A good read

Bloody British History: Leeds
Bloody British History: Leeds by Richard Smyth (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2013)