Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2013
I bought this book having loved the earlier local history book by the same author, "Stories in Welsh Stone". At the time it was delivered, I was feeling very unwell and unable to concentrate for any length of time so this little book was a godsend as the stories are short and very entertaining. It became my constant bedside companion, I dozed on and off throughout the day and reached for it as soon as my eyes opened again. When my father was hospitalised recently, I loaned it to him and I have yet to get it back.... he loves it too!

Geoff Brookes' talent for "edutainment" was legendary throughout my school years and it is there on every page. Very much looking forward to the release of his next book.
on 6 November 2013
Given me a whole new insight into Swansea and a host of places to explore......loving this book.....it's humorous too with the comparisons between the people of the past and folks now. Gotta say apart from the topography of Swansea the people are still the same as when our ancestors first lived here all those years ago
on 16 May 2013
Enjoyed reading this I bought this for my kindle but now I would like to buy the book.The author is very funny and all in all its very enjoyable to read.If you know the Swansea area you will enjoy reading about the history,very interesting.
on 23 October 2014
Learnt more in 2hrs than 10 years in school. Some light humor mixed in with some serious stuff.

Will have to make a point of visiting some of the places and memorials mentioned
on 15 March 2015
Great book from which I learnt so much about my hometown. There are many touches of humour in it that if you are a Jack you will appreciate and make you laugh out loud.
on 7 January 2015
Bought as a christmas gift for someone who loves local history. He was very happy
on 24 December 2014
Wonderfully different view of the history of Swansea, very enjoyable reading
on 25 October 2014
Very well presented and easy to read
on 18 December 2015
Great dvd
on 24 October 2013
Although I did enjoy the book being a native of Llangyfelach, as interesting as the various names for Swansea were disappointed no mention made of Abertawe. Is the Author a Welsh speaker?