4.0 out of 5 stars A good book on a fine ship........, 3 July 2013
Brent Holt (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unseen Olympic: The Ship in Rare Illustrations (Hardcover)
It is good to see R.M.S. Olympic, the much lesser-known sistership to the infamous Titanic, receiving much more attention the last few years. Unlike her sisters Titanic & Britannic, Olympic had a long & successful career. She was the first liner to be over 800 feet long and to break the 40,000 ton mark. She was also one of the best looking liners of her era.

Overall, "The Unseen Olympic" is a well done book with lots of photos and a moderate amount of text. The author avoids many of the typical errors that often creep into books about Olympic.

My only minor gripe is that many of the images in the book I have seen before. For a book titled "Unseen", there was a lot I had seen. But there were photos new to me and that is always welcome.

I recommend this book on Olympic to anyone who has an interest in "Old Reliable".

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 24 Mar 2014
Bought this for my father in law and he says that it is a really good book with plenty of details.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Sep 2013
R. Lepien "liner buff" (Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
This book is fine - but as far as "rare" I'm not so certain - but then again I've been studying the "Olympic-class" steamers for many years, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to show me something I haven't seen before - jaded!!!! But as a reference book to have all the photos in one place - it's great.

The Unseen Olympic: The Ship in Rare Illustrations
The Unseen Olympic: The Ship in Rare Illustrations by Patrick Mylon (Hardcover - 1 Jun 2013)
13.60