5.0 out of 5 stars Read This Book Before You Go-Go
I know its a bit of a cliche, but reading this book I have been taken on a fantastic trip down memory lane. There are so many objects, toys, experiences, smells and tastes (Hedgehog Crisps!!) in this book I had forgotten all about. Reading this had the memories all flooding back to me and nearly every one made me chuckle or smile. The author guided me through all the...
Published 22 months ago by BrightJP

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh!
This book is pretty harmless although it could have been so much better.

I think another reviewer has already pointed out that there are a number of mistakes (such as in the write up for Yazz and the Plastic Population's The Only Way Is Up which was released in 1988, not 1983 as stated) The author also mentions about a gazillion times over, until it gets a bit...
Published 18 months ago by Bluearmy

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read. !, 22 Aug 2013
If you were a child of the 80s then you ll love this, the shows and clothes etc will come streaming back in one paragraph after another. Would have liked more pictures maybe or a few more experiences in the era...im sure there is a lot thats missed out or skirted around.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and funny read, 9 Jun 2013
I don't know if you need to be a child of the 80s to enjoy this book as I am one. If you are too then I can highly recommend it. If you aren't then give it a try anyway it won't change your life but it will bring a smile to your face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 Jun 2013
Awesome memories made me laugh out loud often , feel for the youngsters of today that aren't going to have these times.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: A 1980s Childhood: From He-Man to Shell Suits (Paperback)
As an 80's child, anything 80's makes me so happy. I buy 80's cartoons and films a lot. I love remembering the days that used to be so good compared to now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great reminder of years gone by, 21 Feb 2013
This is a very enjoyable book, and reminds me of great childhood memories. It made me smile continuously whilst reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 27 Jan 2013
This book is ok, but some of the explanations seem to be assumed at people who have never experienced a uk Christmas rather than trying to add any value or any particular interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Days, 1 Jan 2013
What a wonderful journey through my growing up through the eighties ! Seriously this book is a superb look back on an innocents look back to a decade that most lime to dismiss as a harsh time for this country I heartily recommend this function back to a happier time( for some of us )

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscing is always fun, 27 Dec 2012
Although I was in my teens in the 80s I thoroughly enjoyed this as it reminded me of things I'd forgotten about, good fun to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to my childhood, 3 Dec 2012
Only being 30, this does transport you back to your childhood to parts that you forget about. A very good read. Even my husband remembers the things mentioned here. It had loads of great talking points whilst reading it in bed whilst feeding my 6mth old. Loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great memories of a character building decade, 1 Dec 2012
Born in 1973, I am a few years older than the author but somehow have all of the same recollections. If he had written about the excitement of a dog running into the primary school, and changed the colour of his 'big school' tie to blue and gold I could have been convinced that I'd written the book myself.

A great read that stirs lots of emotions originally felt in a time long gone. I thoroughly enjoyed walking down memory lane.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

A 1980s Childhood: From He-Man to Shell Suits
A 1980s Childhood: From He-Man to Shell Suits by Michael A Johnson (Paperback - 1 Sep 2012)
6.99