5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane!
This book was marvellous. It did exactly what I wanted it to do - took me by the hand all the way down memory lane and back again! I wanted to share it with everyone. Totally suitable for all born in the fifties. I would have liked a few more pictures, but the book was interesting, well researched and I loved every bit of it. I was sad whenit was over.
Published on 10 Sep 2011 by Ali S

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I bought this together with Childhood of the 1950s by the same author, which I read first. I was disappointed to find that his chapter on street games is identical in both books, as though there was no difference between the games we played over a period of 20 years which is obviously not true. This seems like a very lazy way of writing, just to copy a chapter from one...
Published on 28 Mar 2011 by N.Nichol

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 15 April 2013
This review is from: A 1960s Childhood: From Thunderbirds to Beatlemania (Childhood Memories) (Paperback)
This book is my satchel of childhood memories. It encompassed so many of the times i thought id forgotten. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars A1960s Childhood, 14 April 2013
Brilliant read brings back many memories some I had forgotten, lock yourself away and smile all the way through. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids loved it, 7 April 2013
D. Holt - See all my reviews
bought this book for my son and daughter to read and bring back some memories for them too it certainly did

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating Read, 14 Mar 2013
C. R. Mills - See all my reviews
Brings back many memories, very accurate. I can highly recommend this book to anyone who remembers the 1960's. So many things mentioned that have been forgotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 12 Mar 2013
a brillant book, makes you go back in time and you read about things that you had forgetten, really good book and worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars A good birthday present, 12 Mar 2013
Much appreciated. Takes me back to when my children were born, it's accurate and informative, and a whole lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab 60s memories, 7 Mar 2013
Taking me back to my teenage years. Jogged my memory in some cases.....brought back pleasing memories too. An interesting read for what was a fantastic era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Feb 2013
Another great book facts on the sixties. Brining back memories for people brought up in this time. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic book, 16 Jan 2013
really nostalgic-took me right back to our early years and enabled m to appreciate how far we have come and also to appreciate what we have got now

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia for a Baby Bloomer, 6 Jun 2011
Mr. A. Leake (UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book although not a "must" read novel I enjoyed remembering many of the influences on my informative years. I shouldn't have been surprised that many were shared by the author, but was! The lists of TV and radio programmes in the book did lead me to suspicions of a cut and paste exercise by the author, to me it didn't read like a personal account of his TV viewing. However, a good, quick read outlining the enormous changes in lifestyle for a youngster growing up in the sixties.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

A 1960s Childhood: From Thunderbirds to Beatlemania (Childhood Memories)
6.99