5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Bought this for my dad, he's a Bluenose, born and raised so this was a real trip down memory lane as well as giving him loads of new information about the City he grew up in. He hasn't been able to put the book down since I gave it to him, money well spent.
Published 14 months ago by Vixx H

2.0 out of 5 stars For Archaeology students only
I bought this book for my son for Christmas and he was disappointed.

Published 1 month ago by Cherrylv

2.0 out of 5 stars For Archaeology students only, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Birmingham: The Hidden History (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son for Christmas and he was disappointed.

The book is very technically in-depth, so it would be great if you were studying the subject at University but as far as entertainment is concerned it simply isn't. It is set out in a very boring text book style which doesn't help if you are interested in the subject. I couldn't send it back because it was too late so I bought him another book with a much more entertaining format but it still gave a huge amount of historical information about the city and it was much cheaper. So unless you have designs on being an archaeologist then I don't recommend this book. There are some interesting facts but it all presented in too boring a fashion and Birmingham has never been boring so I think the writer needs to think again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Dec. 2013
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for brummies, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Birmingham: The Hidden History (Paperback)
would recomend to anyone from birmingham a great read just like the peaky blinders that was on tv nore of this please

Birmingham: The Hidden History
Birmingham: The Hidden History by Michael Hodder (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2004)