on 6 May 2010
Absolutley brilliant book. Full of photographs through the ages of Acton. Made an ideal present for both my father and Uncle, both who were born and raised in Acton. Bought one for myself too for my family history - there is even a photograph of my Gt Grandfather in it!!
on 30 March 2012
Having grown up in Acton and residing there for over thirty years I have very fond recollections of the area. Jonathan Oates has done a marvellous job of telling the history of Acton. It is a beautifully produced book and the illustrations are superb. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyonw who knows Acton. It is packed with historical detail and extremely well written. A gem of a book.
PAUL HOWARD LANG
on 16 January 2013
Very interesting read, particularly as I was brought up in Acton. It's sad in a way to read how lovely and rural Acton once was, compared to how it is now. I think anyone with a connection with Acton would enjoy this book.
on 23 November 2014
A useful addition to anyones shelf when researching Acton W3. This book has more information than other books i have read while researching my birth place. I managed to get this hardback in very good condition for a couple of pounds.
on 2 December 2014
A lovely book . Jonathan Oates is a very good historian.
on 11 December 2014