5.0 out of 5 stars Just souper
I have all the books in this series and this one is certainly the best. I do not miss the ring binding of the earlier books and prefer the robust binding of this book.

I look forward to working my way through it but I will not stick to the "This is January 25 so the soup is...." approach. The very good index will be well used.

I tried the 'Petit Pois...
Published on 25 Jan 2011 by H. L. Wilcox

3.0 out of 5 stars careless
I agree with the rave reviews of the recipes. I bought my first New Covent Garden Soup book because, although I love cooking, I had naver made a soup. I fell in love with the first recipe I tried and it wasn't long before I was in possesion of another in the series.

Published on 5 May 2011 by pigsmayfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Just souper, 25 Jan 2011
H. L. Wilcox "Heather" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soup for Every Day: 365 of Our Favourite Recipes (New Covent Garden Soup Company) (Hardcover)

I tried the 'Petit Pois and Watercress' recipe on Sunday. My family is adicted to another menu for Watercress soup which is marginally better and not nearly so pea-flavoured but which takes ages to prepare. This was simple and quick. It went down to a band playing, as a Scottish friend would say. It will be a frequent starter with the other recipe reserved for special occasions when I have time to spare.

Did I say frequent? Possibly not as frequent as I now think. The index is full of mouthwatering suggestions and there are lots of ideas for vegetarians. I know that I will never make them but even the meaty ones sound good.

If you have room for only one book on soup, this is the one to buy.

Heather

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab everyday soups !, 28 Oct 2010
I've been looking for a decent soup book for ages, one that has good easy to follow soup recipes for the average person on the street and I must say this ticks every box! Such great value for 365 recipes and they follow the seasons so in Oct there are plenty of squash recipes. This book comes VERY highly recommended !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soup EVER, 7 Feb 2011
I make soup two or three times a week and was running out of ideas, this book is fantastic, every page your turn there is another treat in store. I am planning to make each and everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book for a Soup Lover, 15 Dec 2010
I was given this book for my birthday and I am SO happy with it. The book itself is weighty and gorgeous with gold detailing. It isn't spiral bound like the other Covent Garden books. The soups are split into each day of the year and the pages are brightly coloured. There are some oddball recipes in there (chocolate soup for one), but some really interesting ones too - the 24th December one is called White Christmas and it is White Onion, Stilton and Sherry - which I am quite looking forward to making. There are all the favourite Covent Garden recipes in too - Carrot and Coriander, Broccoli and Stilton etc. The recipes aren't complicated or long so all in all this is a beautiful book and would make an excellent present for any vetern foodie or anyone who loves soup!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the best soups in one book, 22 Sep 2010
This is marvellous. They seem to have combined all the recipes they seem to have ever made and detailed how to make them in this book of 365 recipes. Its a bigger book than all the others (well obviously) and they have moved away from the ring bound book style to the more posh book style that so many books now use. Even has gold writing on it. Its easily laid out so recipes are easy to follow. They remain true to the other books and have no photographs of the finished soups..... but then its a soup not a Coq au Vin! Love it. Now to try tomorrows soup today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy soups, 14 Feb 2011
D. M. Jeffery (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is full of some great soups. A brillant range of different soups. The recipes are very easy to follow - the only down side is that there are no pictures but I find that's not really necessary when it comes to soups anyway. I would definately recommend it to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars careless, 5 May 2011

Hence, when I saw this production, I had to get it. There are a lote of recipes I haven't already got and I like the idea of recipes that are seasonal. In, fact, I have just made the chicken and asparagus soup - delicious.

So why only three stars? Well, because this should be a quality product. However, there are recipes that use ingredients that are not in the ingredient list, there are listed ingredients that are not used in the recipes, typos - shoddy, careless and very frustrating. Okay, so you can figure out what to do with the ingredients that don't figure in the method (at least i have been able to so far) but such carelessness is unforgivable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 4 Feb 2011
I first bought this for my Son as a hasty, last minute, makeweight Christmas present. I will confess that the fact it was New Covent Garden did persuade me, as I thought it would have more of a chance of being used with a familiar trendy brand name attached.

One quick flick through before wrapping it to join the pile was enough to make me add it to my mental wish list. As soon as normal life had been resumed in January I ordered it for myself and I haven't been disappointed. It's set out seasonally so whatever is currently at it's best, there'll be a recipe for it. I find this really usuful for using up leftover veg from my veg box delivery which sometimes threatens to overtake the fridge. I have done several recipes so far and they have all been delicious.

Highly recommended. And very easy recipes too.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, 13 Dec 2010
This book is an amazing companion to a healthy winter! I have made 3 soups so far and loved them all! Very simple to make, and they are so yummy and warming. I'm a real pig at this time of year, but found myself gorgeing on nutritious soup rather than mince pies. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big book, 29 Nov 2013
I was surprised at the size of this book. I have a previous New Covent Garden Soup book and expected it to be the same size. There is a good selection of recipes that would suit most people's tastes.

Soup for Every Day: 365 of Our Favourite Recipes (New Covent Garden Soup Company) by New Covent Garden Soup Company (Hardcover - 17 Sep 2010)