4.0 out of 5 stars Useful wire-bound format, so it lies flat on the kitchen counter is an added bonus to this superb book of seasonal recipes.
From a passionate company, whose employees obviously take their job very seriously, a useful selection of recipes where the more well-known, such as a simple 'Vegetable Stock', and 'Bouillabaise' mingle with the more intriguing 'Christmas Dinner Soup' or 'Love & Hearts'.

122 high quality pages, split over chapters:

* Larder Ingredients
* Simple...
Published on 13 Nov 2006 by A Customer of AMAZON-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Try User Testing Before Publication
Of course, this is a fantastic book and my kitchen wouldn't be happy without it. NCG has a reputation as a first-class producer of soups and of recipes, which is why what I'm about to say is all the more surprising.

Open your copy and go to the recipe for spinach, stilton and white wine soup. You will see that you're instructed to melt two thirds of the...
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by Radioman

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need for the kitchen!, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: New Covent Garden Book of Soup for all Seasons: Our Favourite Seasonal Recipes (New Covent Garden Soup Company) (Hardcover)
I love this book!

Not only have the New Covent Garden Soup Co included lots of interesting recipes, they are arranged by season and month; so that you can easily see how to use what's currently cheap, in glut or left-overs, or reduce your food miles, or use the random items which turn up in an organic veggie box. Not to mention that some recipes within I would never have otherwise considered, but which turn out to be new favourites time after time.

Last but not least, hardcover with a spiral binding and wipe clean - awesome - why don't more cookbooks come in this format?!! Perfect for standing upright, folding over, leaning against the wall, while you follow and cook...

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty soups, 26 Dec 2011
Mrs. Am Baggaley (England) - See all my reviews
The recipes in the book are varied and different to other recipe books. howeever i would have liked several more recipes included in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soup recipe book, 3 Aug 2011
N. Wisawayodhin (South West, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book second hand. The condition of the book was good for a well-used second hand book. The delivery was within reasonable timeframe. I loved the way the recipes are grouped according to seasonal ingredients. It gives you delicious soup recipes as well as providing you with knowledge about what's locally available in the UK and when. A great recipe book - shame that there aren't more recipes in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soup for all Seasons, 20 Dec 2010
Having bought the Book of Soups: new, old and odd recipes some years ago, this book is just as good and full of great recipes in a colourful, easy read format thanks.
This book helps you to use of those new, old and odd vegetables all year round!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soup Book fantastic, 21 Jun 2010
T. Robb - See all my reviews
One of the best and easiest Soup books to have in anyone's Cookbook library.
Containing great variety, there is indeed a soup in this book 'for all seasons'.
HIghly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars soup book, 21 Mar 2010
Mrs. Janet Redfern "Spike" (Merseyside England) - See all my reviews
This book has a wide range of recipes for all occasions. athe recipes are easy to follow and I have had great success in making them.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Covent Garden Soup for all Seasons, 11 Feb 2009
P. Johnson - See all my reviews
I bought a second copy for my daughter as the recipes are often very straight forward & result in delicious soups. A must for any soup lover!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, not run of the mill, 18 Dec 2007
Easy to follow recipe instructions, layout easy on the eyes when cooking in a hurry, most soups are a meal in themselves (best way really), no exotic ingredients, and always a yummy taste!! But as a vegetarian, I would have prefered fewer non-veggie ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soup for All Seasons, 31 May 2009
Ms. S. E. F. Trimmer (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this cookery book for a relative and he has made many of the soups and we have all enjoyed tasting them! I would recommend it although it is a little expensive for such a small book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for inspiration, 10 Oct 2011
M. Barwell (York, UK) - See all my reviews
I gave this book 3 stars because it is satisfactory. For the price I think it is worth the money and a good buy, and I've really enjoyed the soup I have made from it so far, but there is a lot of intuition required. For instance it often doesn't tell you if you need to peel a vegetable or not, and 'diced' is such a general term.

This book is good for inspiration though, and that was their aim. It has some fun ideas, but the instructions are on the light side for beginners, and it could do with some photos so people know if they have made their soup correctly - at least a 'final' photo if not process photos.

Finally it is good to have a blender or hand blender as a lot of the recipes include a blending stage. You could make the recipes without, but they are so much more professional and special if you do blend them.

Happy souping!