4.0 out of 5 stars Familiar Territory, 1 Nov 2002
If you love Dilbert, then here's another gem for your collection. If you're new to Dilbert, then here's as good a place to start as any.
Billed as the evolution of the Dilbert Principal, the book reworks the same formula (hence just the four star review), with Scott Adams as tongue-in-cheek and insightful as ever.
To those who have worked in corporates, then it's all eerily true. Some parts of the book will make you feel very uncomfortable as you recognise your own traits, and others will make you laugh out loud as you recognise those of your bosses and colleagues. If this is unfamiliar territory for you, then believe me, this is what it's like to work in a large office, especially in the hi-tech industry.
On a serious note, Dilbert is the antidote to all management training. Make sure you read it before your next course so that your cynicism tanks are full. If nothing else, you'll be primed with examples of all the faults that the management gurus are trying to pick out.
Of course Dilbert is really just about fun. Club together with fellow team-mates and buy it for your boss for Christmas. Watch as your boss's initial delight turns to paranoia as he/she wonders if you're trying to tell them something. The average PHB (buy the book to find out what it means) will be distracted for months trying to figure this out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Dilbert, 25 Nov 2002
Adams expands slightly on his previous 'theories' about the behaviour of employees, bosses and consultants that work for large companies. It is still as witty and cynical a view as in previous books. Everyone will recognise at least some of the situations and characters in their own organisation.
However, no matter how funny the situations or insightful the comments, I didn't find the book as fresh and new as the earlier ones. Being a Dilbert fan I had seen most of it before, hence only 4 stars for this book. Perhaps he could have made more of the recent financial 'irregularities' in the business world, which are begging to be commented on.
Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book, sometimes just smiling and other times bursting out in laughter.
In summary, I can only give it a qualified recommendation. It is as good an introduction to Dilbert and his world as any of the other books. For Dilbert fans, not a must have. Is Scott Adams running out of new things to say? Maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a joy, 22 Nov 2003
It has been some years, i'm ashamed to say, since i read the dilbert future, having read the dilbert principle and The Joy of Work before. It was great pleasure that i found this new book by scott adams. I couldn't wait to read it.I finished it the day i got it, it was fantastic.
Scott Adams has given Dilbert Fans something more to celebrate. What he tells us is insightfull and a little more than useful. Are you bored of doing all the work in your office? Well don't worry, read this book and get helpful hints about what your co-workers are doing to make you do all the work, and then join them.
Frankly it is all true, and hilarious. I can't wait to get to the office on monday so i can try some new weasel techniques. This would make a great christmas present for any friends or family that work in an office, it will give them something to read when they weasel themselves out of doing any work.
As for me, i'm going to re-read all the dilbert books i own, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give the Nobel Prize to Scott Adams!, 23 Dec 2002
Simon Laub (Aarhus, Denmark, Europe) - See all my reviews
As the workplace is getting increasingly weasel
infested Scott Adams should get the Nobel prize
in economics!
Seriously, what did Milton Friedman do for our
understanding of the economy that Adams
hasn't been doing better?
Scott Adams distills the behavior of people.
People that weasels to get out of work,
get more pay, or avoid responsibility.
And fortunately his revelations are pretty hilarious.
Simply, Scott Adams' "Dilbert and the way of the Weasel".
is a terrific book about the Weasel zone.
The place where our gross national product is
generated....
-Simon

4.0 out of 5 stars Adams gets to grips with non-stupid people, 24 Nov 2002
Up to now Dilbert seems mostly to have been about stupidity but has not really looked at the role of people who are not stupid. Stupidity is not the only reason why workplaces are dysfunctional: many are filled with weasels. Weasel stories are as funny as stupidity stories and I read this cover to cover without putting it down between Reading General and Glasgow Queen St, as with all the other Dilbert books.
This one improves on the earlier offerings in the same vein and format by not getting bogged down in Adams' serious views about how to run a business, although there is some serious-ish material. The book demonstrates that without weasels the economy will in fact grind to a standstill and we would end up sending pigs with wigs to Wallies as mail-order brides from fulfilment centres in Elbonia for a living.
There is however less original material in this than before, Adams having introduced the weasel concept some years ago (the strip about "the lesser of two weasels" in the electronics shop, for instance). Still, it is obligatory reading for all members of Dogbert's New Ruling Class.
Can we have a Dilbert discussion forum, though? The old website was very good but ironically enough got taken over by a Pointy-Haired Boss some years ago and turned into something a lot less useful. Weasel theory give us a whole lot more to discuss now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drucker, Senge, Mintzberg, etc. - all in one volume!, 17 April 2003
By A Customer
And in a much more comprehensible volume, I've to say. Because Scott Adams does not try to explain what management and general low-fly employees should be and how to make them so great (because nobody has ever succeeded in implementation of those advices anyway, at least consciously) - it tells what they really are and how to live with that.
That book as all previous ones, especially "Dilbert's principle" should be mandatory reading for all university graduates, especially those looking for career in large corporations.
And for others - well, it's always better later than never.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily Accurate, 15 Dec 2003
This review is from: Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel (Paperback)
A truly excellent book about life and all that matters, it doesn't matter if it's lazy you're after or trying to find the smart way round things in difficult situations, this book covers them both.
Sometimes you will just laugh at the things it says, and then you'll think "Hey, my boss/cow-orker said that to me" and it'll all start to make sense.
Sometimes it's scary how accurate it can be about your workplace.

4.0 out of 5 stars An good intro to Weasel Management, 18 Nov 2003
Keith Appleyard "kapple999" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel (Paperback)
I'd seen some reviews of this book that suggested Scott Adams was losing his touch, so I bought it with some trepidation.
I read Dilbert on the Web every day (and I'm honest enough to pay a subscription so that Scott doesn't starve).
I wasn't disappointed by this book; in fact I liked the editorial material as much as the cartoon strips; even when you've seen them before the classics never die (just like Charles Schultz's Peanuts).
If I had to pick my favourite Chapter, it was Manager Weasels - of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, 7 Mar 2005
Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, IL USA) - See all my reviews
In this hilarious addition to the Dilbert library, author Scott Adams supports his contention that all people are weasels. In chapter after sidesplitting chapter, Adams looks at what people do, showing how they are indeed weasels. Scattered along the way are letters he received from people out in the workaday world (supporting evidence), and wonderful Dilbert cartoons (illustrations).
Yep, if there is one truly effective satirizer of the capitalist system, it is Scott Adams. This book is literally laugh-out-loud funny. (I had to hold my breath at times, to keep from waking my wife up repeatedly!) If you like Scott Adams and Dilbert, then I highly recommend that you get this book, it's great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not bed-time reading..., 17 May 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, in the way I enjoy the tv programme and the cartoons. I thought it was well-written, witty and 'educational'.
Unfortunately, I like to read before bed and as I was getting more tired, I struggled to follow some of the wordier passages. I'm sure I read several paragraphs at least 4 times!
All in all, a fine book, but very wordy. Not for those with short attention spans.

Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel
Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel by Scott Adams (Paperback - 3 Oct 2003)
8.79