5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Stuff - My Kindest Regards To The Author
Published 10 months ago by Sarah Tipper

3.0 out of 5 stars Really funny book
I thought the book was hilarious and enjoyed the content. I wish it had a few more ideas and didnt repeat jokes so many times.
Published 10 months ago by Gwen B

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Stuff - My Kindest Regards To The Author, 26 Dec 2013
Sarah Tipper (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very British Problems: Making Life Awkward for Ourselves, One Rainy Day at a Time (Hardcover)
I read this in one day. My only (unreasonable) complaint would be that it didn't last longer (I am British, I must make a small and unimportant complaint. If you give me a rainbow I'll probably opine that it's a bit too showy). Because this book grew out of a Twitter account, it naturally is short and sweet. If you've been following the Twitter account - @soverybritish - you'll love this. If you haven't, have a look and if you're amused then you will enjoy this book. My Favourite chapter is chapter 21 - language barriers.
Another great thing about this book is that it sparks off your awareness of your own very british problems. Examples from my life are:

Using "Thank you for your input" to mean you've already disregarded whatever piffle someone said.

Feeling you've been massively over familiar by using "Kindest regards".

Maybe if we send more of our very British problems to @soverybritish we'll get another book next Christmas. I hope so :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fellow VBP Sufferer, 10 Jan 2014
Excellent read. Humorous to see how the author nailed down aspects of my personality. I am most definitely a sufferer of VBP who unfortunately finds himself attempting to survive life as an American. I was born in the wrong country :( If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, could I come live with you guys?

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 6 Nov 2013
Captures all that is quintessentially British and does so in a forthright and engaging manner.
Would definitely recommend to all Brits

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 1 Jan 2014
I'd been following on twitter for a while and decided to get the book as I didn't get it for Christmas. It is funny, so true and awfully British - can pretty much relate to it all, and will definitely keep going back for a chuckle ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 27 Dec 2013
I gave this to my brother-in-law for Christmas because he seems to encounter a 'very British problem' on a daily basis. He hadn't got it out of the wrapping for more than a minute before he was chortling away in the corner. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffing, 10 Nov 2013
Love the Twitter feed so I knew I'd be buying the book when it was announced. It's ridiculously funny and sadly, pretty much all true. Basically everyone I know is getting this for Christmas this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 1 Aug 2014
Hilarious! As others have said, if you follow the twitter user @SoVeryBritish, you will love this.
Makes a good little present as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious!, 23 Jan 2014
This book is a tonic! Downloaded it on the train, then spent the journey wheezing with laughter and wiping tears from my eyes. Raced home and finished it the same evening. Would recommend to all my fellow Brits. Bloody brilliant! I am exhausted from laughing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very British Triumph, 11 Oct 2013
If you have been at work and your heart has sunk on hearing the words `before we start let's quickly go round the table and say a bit about ourselves' or if you find yourself obsessed with the right way to make a cup of tea, then this book is for you.
A book which started from a twitter feed, this is well worth buying whether you follow @SoVeryBritish on Twitter or not, it has a lot of original content over and above the tweets, including a couple of very funny chapters on the weather and `Very British Understatement' that will have you chuckling away.
I guarantee that there will be something that you can relate to or that you recognize in someone else.
I would recommend this to anyone who needs to buy a friend a present, but I recommend you buy a copy for yourself as well because you will want to keep it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Adorable, 3 May 2014
This book is so great. I bought it because I love Mr. Temple's Twitter account, the one on which he based the book, and they are quite similar. I was a bit horrified at how he seems to perceive Americans (maybe more embarrassed than horrified) on his quiz, but that's what the book and Twitter is all about: Laughing at the stereotypical behavior we sometimes have due to the environment and people around us.

The cover's beautiful, as well.