Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 May 2013
I loved the first book The secret of Ella and Micha and LOVED the second part of their story The Forever of Ella and Micha....like I didn't know I could feel like that after reading these books. Jessica Sorenson just takes you to another place with her characters these are beautiful characters who grab you with both hands and draws you in 100%.......Ella and Micha have both had difficult beginnings not so much one worse then other but same pain (being left by a parent) and not recovering from it and in this second book we see them both deal with their hurtful pasts and finally get their HEA they so deserve!! I really can't wait for Book 3 even though it's about Ella and Micha's bestfriends Lila and Ethan I hope we get to see further in to the future of Ella and Micha whilst these two tell their story!!
I really enjoyed The Secret of Ella and Micha so I was looking forward to seeing how the couple are getting on in this sequel. Ella is now at college studying while Micha is on tour with his band so they aren't getting to spend as much time together as either of them would like but they're just as in love as ever. Being so far away from each other is hard but I loved the fact that they trust each other, there are no doubts about whether one of them is being unfaithful and neither of them ever considers asking the other to give up their dreams so they can be together immediately. It's so nice to read about a NA relationship that is so supportive!

Ella is still struggling to deal with her past, she is suffering with depression and is in a bad place mentally. Micha wants to be there to help her through but Ella is smart enough to realise that she can't let him be her crutch forever. She has to make changes within her own life if she wants to get better and she needs to take a step back from her relationship to do that. She loves Micha but needs to do this on her own if they're going to have a chance of making a success of their relationship in the future. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Ella makes this difficult decision and that Micha is there for her as a friend even though he wants them to be so much more than that. It is hard for him to understand her reasoning at first but he loves her enough to let her do what she needs to do and to support her in any way she'll let him.

It was hard to read about Ella's depression at times because Jessica Sorensen has written it so well but that just made seeing her work through things even more satisfying. With the help of her councillor she is able to work through a lot of her issues and she even starts to build some bridges with her family. Nothing improves instantly and she still has a way to go but you're left with a real sense of hope that she is finally putting the past behind her. Micha has his own issues to deal with and there were times I wanted to strangle his father for being such a self-centred ass. Micha copes much better than Ella does but he still finds it hard and it was good to see Ella taking her turn in supporting him through his pain.

I really do love reading about Ella and Micha, it is so nice to come across a realistic relationship - one that has it's ups and downs and that isn't perfect but that is overall a healthy and supportive one. I also enjoyed seeing more of their friends Lila and Ethan and am looking forward to getting to know them better in the next book. The Forever of Ella and Micha is a great follow up to the first book and one I'd highly recommend to fans of this couple.
on 8 February 2015
Rating 4/5

The story continues from where it left off in the previous book. Ella is back in Vegas going to school, whereas Micha is on the road with a band. They find the separation from each other hard, especially because they've only been together for a few months.

I believe Ella matured quite a bit in this book. She starts to see a therapist for her anxiety and depression which helps her to finally realise she needs help. She has to hit rock bottom first but then she starts to work through it and finally trusts on other people instead of keeping everything bottled up.

Micha annoyed me a little though. Ella asked for space, so she could work through her issues and become less independent on him, yet I think he didn't really give it to her and was trying to persuade her to stay with him. He needed to realise she can't rely on him all the time and needs to be by herself first.

The plot seemed to be: they're together... No they're not... They're together again... No they're not. It felt like they were working through things and then they got annoyed at each other.

Towards the end it got better as they both opened up to each other about their fears, finally! The ending was good and I liked how Jessica Sorensen left it.

One major problem I had was there were a lot of silly little mistakes that affected the flow of the book. There were quite a few spelling mistakes and the odd word that shouldn't be there.

Otherwise it was quite an enjoyable read.

For more reviews go to:
Ella and Micha are very much in love, and feel that although they are only young, they have been through more than enough together to know that what they have is real, and is forever. However, now they've gone their separate ways to college, Ella is struggling to work their relationship out over the long distance, especially as Micha is so keen to make his band work out. He hates being away from Ella, and worries about her, knowing that her best friend Lila will be watching over her, but for him, it isn't enough. The distance starts to make things feel different, and Ella isn't sure what to do next. Can she go on loving Micha from afar, knowing its forever, or is it just not enough any more to make her want forever?

I really liked reading Ella and Micha's story in the first book. They are a pair of quite tragic teenagers, both having secrets in their pasts which haunt then and force them to be the people that they have become. When they got together, they almost found kindred spirits in each other, and this book explores their relationship further and how they rely upon each other to survive. Ella, I feel, is much more needy of Micha, whereas I feel Micha truly loves Ella. It's an interesting dynamic that the pair have and I feel that Sorensen captures it so well, the teen love and angst that the pair feel, and the conflicting emotions that come with living apart too. It's not easy and that's the way it is in the story for them - they have to settle for what they have rather than what they both want.

I don't want to talk too much about the story because part of the enjoyment of this book is reading the twists and turns along the way, and slotting them in with the pace of the story. I liked both Ella and Micha a lot - they're likeable in their own ways, and I found Ella's story in this book quite emotional and moving - there's a lot for her to deal with and some quite difficult issues are explored here, and I felt Soresen explored them well. Micha has his own issue to come up against, some that I really hadn't expected at all, but certainly make you question parental bonds and responsibilities - this book really was a rollercoaster of emotions and it really made me think as I was reading how I would react in their situations.

Yes, in some ways the book was predictable - for me, there just could not have been any other ending than the one I wanted to happen. But I liked reading the story as it meandered its way to the finish, and I did actually care about these characters too - I felt invested in their story. Not only that, but I really enjoyed reading about the pursuits of their friends Lila and Ethan too, who actually feature in the next book in the series, The Temptation of Lila and Ethan. Ella and Micha really weren't together a huge amount in the book, so we get to find out more about them as separate people - the two halves of the whole - and it's interesting to read about the different ways they cope without each other. This is truly the crux of the story, and Soresen's writing really brings it all to life as you're reading, I found the book very easy to read and to immerse myself in. If you read and loved the first book, you'll definitely want to read this one soon to find out what happens next in the lives of Ella and Micha, I really enjoyed this and look forward to more.
on 20 October 2013
The book takes place from where The Secret of Ella and Micha left off, with Micha travelling with his band and Ella at school in Vegas. They had a lot of problems in the first book as they were both dealing with a lot. Now they have been able to admit what they mean to one another, they should be extremely happy. But, Ella is struggling to cope with certain events of her past and Micha isn't there to help her. I really enjoyed the fact that Ella and Micha were separated for a large amount of this book. Previously, readers go to see how much they relied on each other and how much they needed each other for support. So, it was interesting to see how each of them coped without the other.

However, as much as I liked the separation, I also feel like the balance could have been better. Ella and Micha really don't get to spend much time together and I think this was needed in order to really show their feelings for one another. While I knew how they felt about each other from reading the first book, I don't think it was shown nearly as strongly in this one. Many of the things that this couple bicker and fight about this time around seem quite silly at times and are normally resolved by having make-up sex. Due to the lack of time spent together and the silly fights, Ella and Micha came across as a couple teenagers who didn't know what being in a real relationship was.

Character wise, there is plenty of development though and this is due to the nature of the plot. Ella is forced to spend a lot of time on her own, therefore having to deal with her problems although she doesn't do this in the healthiest way. She has a problem with the past and worries that she'll turn out like her mother who was bi-polar. Considering the reason for her mother's death, I didn't really understand why Ella was so reluctant to see a therapist. I would have thought she would know that it would be the best option to help with her mental health. Ella grows a lot over the course of this book, being able to deal with her problems and learn from them.

Micha doesn't do quite as well as Ella though but I think that is mainly because the plot revolves around Ella's problems more. Still, Micha is the cocky guy that I grew to love in the first book and I have a soft spot for him. He's the guy with an attitude, a sexy lip ring and has a certain way with words. As much of an attitude as he has, he only has eyes for Ella and most of the time, treats her extremely well. He clearly shows how much he loves her, even if he does make a few silly mistakes along the way.

Overall, while The Forever of Ella and Micha was a good book, it just wasn't as explosive as the first for me. There is still a hell of a lot of passion in there but the plot could have been a bit better
on 28 September 2013
I've been sitting on this for a while, which is weird really given that I'd been so excited that I'd preordered it. I think what had me hesitating was that I couldn't see where the story could go that I would be happy with. I was sure that the story would be dragged out needlessly, or else something painful to read would have to happen to bring the tension that could then be sated with a HEA. I was right in a way. There were bits that I found painful to read, and it did feel like the story was needlessly dragged out. I didn't learn a great deal more and frankly not much really happened. One book was really enough for me (for Ella and Micha in any case, I still want to read about Lila and Ethan!)

So, you may wonder why on earth I have rated this book 4 stars when I was so obviously disappointed? Well, it would be really difficult not to. Ella and Micha are such unique and beautiful characters with a connection and mutual devotion to be envied by all. Jessica Sorensen writes in a way that makes every detail seem important. She builds atmosphere between the characters, it is raw and passionate and tender and beautiful, but also kind of ugly.

What this book did for me was remind me of how much I loved the first book. It was like reminiscing about old friends, reliving their pain and their joy. It didn't feel new or solid enough for a whole book, but I loved being with these two again and felt honoured to be a witness to their love story.
on 5 July 2015
Alright we'll I've re read'ed this book twice because usually when I first read it I'm all love sick then when I do it secondly I have a clearer head and can think of the pros and cons in the relationship. Well all throughout this book I've been making notes saying how much of a selfish oblivious bitch ella was. And let me tell you the reason,first of she doesn't act like she appreciates Micha as much as he loves her and she sought of acts like she could just go into another relationship straight away. Secondly if the old Ella's gonna and now there's this half past half future ella. Why would Micha like her I mean honestly if she's changed then she's not the girl micha fell in love with is she. And I mean what do they have in common? Cars that's about it. Anyway there's quite a lot good about this book it always makes me lath and I was really released at the very end of the book when ella finely says yes I mean thank god I was begging to think they'll be like 9 more books till she says yes.:-)great read I howl heartedly recommended Ethan and lila and ravelling you series!
on 29 May 2013
Ah I love Ella and micha they are so broken but so in love with each other. I wanted to cry when ella kept pushing him away I was shouting at her noooooooo stop silly girl. So glad they get their hea. Absolutely loved this book can't wait for Lila and ethans book and the next callie and kayden book!!!
on 7 June 2013
I absolutely LOVE Jessica Sorensons work...

The Secret of Ella & Micha has been one of my favourite Romance novels so far so I was really looking forward to this sequel and it certainly didn't disappoint.

The raw emotion portrayed between these 2 characters is phenomenal and you feel along with them. Jessica has a way of writing that gets right into your head and heart.

I absolutely fell in love with both characters and the chemistry between Lila & Ethan's is brilliant.

I won't go into the storyline as I don't want to spoil for anyone however I highly reccomend this book, it has romance, sadness, excitment, passion, anger, hurt, confusion, everything you could want.

Go buy it and start reading now :-)
on 31 May 2013
I have bee waiting for this book to come out for ages and Jessica Sorensen did not disappoint again! This was fantastic I love the relationship that they have and I think Ella is brilliant. Thanks for another outstanding read