5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Read it as soon as you can - not to be missed
Published on 17 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Messages
Published on 13 Sep 2008 by A. Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Read it as soon as you can - not to be missed, 17 Jan 2002
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
I first watched the film so I knew the book was going to be a weepie before I started, but nothing could prepare me for the myriad of emotions I was faced with. I don't think I have ever sobed so much at the end of a book! But don't let that put you off because whilst the novel is heart renching, the last page ends on a positive note. This really is superb, quality writing at its best - it's a clever plot which is full of irony and if only's. Read it, weep, but above all ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, romantic, sensitive and extremely moving, 8 Aug 2001
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
My sister recommended this book to me. She did warn me how sad it was, but it far outweighed any expectations. Unfortunately I was reading it on a beach and trying very hard to cry quietly. As I looked out to see I wondered if there was such a person out there!! It was a fabulous read and I somehow think it came from the heart of Nicholas Sparks. I am now searching for any more of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant introducton to Nicolas Sparks, 11 Feb 2000
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This book was definately the best I have ever read. It kept me interested up to the last word. Never have I felt such emotion whilst reading a book, the story line is enthralling, often clutching at your heart strings.I have loaned this book out to all my friends who have also thoroughly loved it. Definately a book for the old romantics ! This is the first book I have read of Nicolas sparks but it definately won't be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite must-read, 27 Oct 1999
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
I absolutely loved reading this book - in fact, I've read it twice now! It's beautifully written with heart-wrenching moments and spine-tingling excitement! I have passed this book on to friends and I had to go and buy a second copy because the first one was coming apart. Admittedly, this book won't be liked by all, but then not all of us like reading war stories, etc. For you 'romantics at heart' - GO AND BUY THIS BOOK!! This book also inspired me to find out more about North Carolina - it obviously lies close to Mr Sparks' heart! I'm looking forward to more books from this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 24 Aug 2006
Emma (Northamtpon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
This book took my breath away. It didn't take me long to finish it, page after page I grew to love it more. And by the end I was in tears, Nicholas Sparks has indeed done it again, he's written another beautiful love story. This is a must read, it is definitely your loss if you haven't read this fantastic book yet. This is one of my favourites for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 28 Aug 2006
Leona Gooch-Hatton (British Forces, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
This book was given to me as a present, and to be honest, I had never heard of Nicholas Sparks. I have since become a great fan of his. The book was so well written, and once I started it, I found it difficult to put it down. This is the first book that has brought me to tears at the end! Full of sadness, romance and everything else that goes to making a good read. I let my 16 year old daughter borrow it to go on holiday, and the book had exactly the same effect on her. Another fan to add to what is no doubt a growing list! We both watched the film too, but not a patch on the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can there possibly be a better book out there-never!, 8 Aug 1999
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This is one of the best book I have read! Not many people meet that special someone to feel the way Garret did for Catherine. For Nicholas Sparks to write a novel filled with emotional letters and feelings in his characters is unbelievable. I started to read this book one night, found myself at the end before long and woke up the next day wanting to read more. I have seen the movie after I read the book and wonder if they even read the book. There was no comparison and I will leave it at that. I look forward to reading all other works by Sparks. He seems to love what he does because he does it so well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Messages, 13 Sep 2008
A. Rose (Devon & Menorca) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
This is only the second of Sparks books I've read and it could easily be the last. It lacks . . . . Sparks ! This is very much a romance, a quite soppy love story, but unlike other romances which can be interesting, gripping, mysterious and in the end a fulfilling story - this one isn't. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad book or even a dreadful story, it just lacks a certain something. One thing that I do know a lot about is sailing - I've sailed hundreds of miles, crossed big seas and had my fair share of storms - Sparks knows nothing of sailing from the writing in this book. The last few pages when Garrett, the lead male character, is in a storm on a yacht or rather an American sail boat, is quite laughable. For starters twenty-five knots is not a gale and no sailing boat should be in danger in such winds. The `swells were lifting the stern out of the water not allowing the rudder to respond' - what sort of boat is this that the rudder is not behind the keel and in the water ? `A minute later the rudder finally caught . .' what was holding the stern of the boat out of the water for a minute and the bow was where all that time ? He also seems to have trouble maintaining control of the boom - well why not pull the main sheet tight or sail off the wind. If Garrett was supposed to be such a skilled and safe sailor, when he knew strong winds were on the way why on earth didn't he put a reef or two in the mainsail, reef or drop the gib ? I may be going overboard (no pun intended) with the sailing faults in the book but don't write about something you know nothing of because many of your readers probably do. Not a bad book but not one of the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-renching love story!, 29 July 2001
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This book was absolutly fantastic! The words were so romantic...i couldn't put it down! It made me laugh and cry and at the very end I just stared at the last page, relising that it was over! I couldn't help but cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Message in a bottle, 27 Mar 2006
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
Of all the romantic books I've read and all the films I've seen none of them have ever made me cry except this one. The whole book is lovely, but towards the end it was so sad! I couldn't help but shed a few tears. I bought the film the other day but not even the visuals and sound can compare to Nicholas' vivid descriptions. I've read 4 of Nicholas Sparks' books so far and I'm just starting a 5th, but so far this is definatly the best of the lot.

Message In A Bottle
Message In A Bottle by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 7 Mar 2013)
5.59