5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best and saddest books i've read in years
Published on 12 Dec. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet as candy
Ok, I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not typically a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. However I was really pleasantly surprised with this particular novel.
Published on 9 Dec. 2011 by Rachel Holton

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best and saddest books i've read in years, 12 Dec. 2002
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
Having missed the film at the cinema i decided to read the book instead, i am so glad that i did as it is one of the best and saddest books i have ever read and i can't wait for it to come out on video. A walk to remember follows Landon Carter as he remember back to when he was seventeen and how Jamie Sullivan changed his life. Landon needs a date to a dance and as student body president he can't go alone so he asks the daughter of local Baptist minister Hegbert Sullivan Jamie. As repayment Jamie as Landon to star opposite her in her father's christmas play. Landon learns about life and love and not to judge people on popularity.
The ending of this book is one of the saddest i've ever read. Never having cried over a book before I was crying buckets and i just had to read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot do it justice, 12 May 2006
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
Sadly I was one of those people who watched the movie before the book so I knew the story line before I read it. However it still floored me reducing me to tears by the end.

This is one of those rare books for people my age, it is such an innocent and beautiful story that really inspires and gives you hope that true love can still exist.

It tells the story of Landon Carter, a popular rich kid who flys through school on his looks, charm and popular connections. Jamie Sulliven is everything he laughed at with his friends. She carried a Bible everywhere, she worked at the orphanage and of course she was nutorious for her 'stylish' brown sweater. This beautiful story throw these two unlikely people together and tells a moral far beyond anything you could have hoped for from the cover. Jamie turns Landon from a naive, aimless boy to a strong and caring man, breaking your heart in the process.

This book warns you from the start that it will make you cry and it certainly will. It made me laugh, grin, gasp, cry and above all feel hope that there is such a good book with a wonderful message in the world.

Do not be fooled, this book will look normal and predictable but it is so much more, it is a lesson and a treasure that I will keep for the rest of my life. It is more than a romance its a truth and one I would recommend to anyone. Any sex any age you'll love it and you'll smile through your tears till the very last word.

And if you aren't into reading please watch the movie. It is equally as amazing but with mino difeerences however it still floors you and challenges you in a way that movies haven't done fpr a long time.

Words cant truly express how wonderful this book is, it is one of my favourite books by Sparks and if you decide against it then you've made a mistake.

Bravo, bravo.

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk to remember, 2 Nov. 2003
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
When I first read the blub of this book, I honestly thought it would not interest me at all, however, I started the book anyway, I was only two chapters in before I was completly hooked with the characters within the novel.
Sparks writes this novel in a way that will get you to smile, laugh and cry all the way through and make you feel as though you are in the novel with the characters.
I can honestly say that this is one of the best books I have ever read and would recommend it to anyone who wants to read about how true love can occur, and just how strong the love between two people can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was FANTASTIC!!!!! I Cried for hours!, 21 Feb. 2002
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
I had seen an advert for the film and decided to get the book. I started reading and although it was good, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. But I Kept going and thank God I did! After the first few introductary chapters this book becomes an insight of what love and the journey towards love is like. I usually read the end page before I get to it, but for some reason I didn't this time and I'm glad because that would have spoiled the greatly effective ending.
The 'Walk to Remember' will stay with me too! Thank you Nicholas Sparks!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 23 Jun. 2004
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
This book has to be one of the best books i ever read in my life. I thought the film was great and boy was i in for a surprise when i read the book its 10 times better than the film. This book is one of the only books that ever made me cry its an AMAZING book and i recommend that you read it if you don't your missing out on something truly great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and Moving story...., 4 April 2007
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
I actually saw the movie first before i bought the book. But the book is way better than the movie to my opinion. I did cry when i read the book, the story isn't the typical romance book that i usually read. I am a fan of Johanna Lindsey, Judith Mcnaught, etc... etc.... so after reading this different type of romance book really suprised me of how pure and simple love can be.... Its the best romance book i have ever read. Its for anyone who just are suckers for romance books.... A MUST READ!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous!, 3 May 2005
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
This book is simply somthing else. I had originally watched the film and was touched by it and so decided to pick up the book. I am not a great reader, and even a book of this size could take me some time to read, however once I started into the story I could not stop. In the 4 hours of reading I had went through laughter, excitement, sadness and tears. I would reccomend this book to anyone of any age or sex, who has some spare time to read some very moving words.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK!, 11 April 2007
Ms. S. L. Denning "beanie121" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
After seeing, loving and buying the movie i thought id better see what the original story was like. Wow! what an amazing and emotional story it is. Very diffferent from the movie and very powerful. The love Landon has for jamie is so deep i defy anyone not to be moved. I shed a few tears even at the end and finished the book from cover to cover in 2 hours! I felt that if i put the book down id lose the magic. Buy this book if you want a chance to escape to a place where true love can be found and then lost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet as candy, 9 Dec. 2011
Rachel Holton (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
In some of Sparks' other books the romance is a little dramatic and OTT for my taste. In "A Walk to Remember" however we have a simple but sweet love story between two high school sweethearts that are so great together that any cliche moments in the book are bearable.
Landon and Jamie start out as an unlikely couple, he is the popular kid in school and she is the bible - toting minister's daughter. But when they end up going to the school homecoming dance together both of their lives take an unexpected turn.
I really loved the character of Jamie, I really wish more female characters in books were like this. She is religious, she does charity work and is happy to be different from the other kids. She doesn't obsess over boys but wants to fall in love and get married in a church. I have to say I enjoyed reading about this very original teenage girl.
I thought Landon made a great narrator too. He's just a typical young guy until Jamie turns his world around and his voice in the novel is honest and relatable.
Of corse it wouldn't be a Nicholas Sparks novel without a weepy moment or two and don't worry you won't be disappointed there!
This book was recommended to me by a friend as a great summer read and that's exactly what it is. It's easy and enjoyable to read, it will make you smile and cry (but not in a thoroughly depressed way!) It might not change your life but it's fun, if a little bittersweet, so go on and indulge in a little comfort reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 19 Oct. 2007
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
Landon Carter is now 57 years old and he is telling his love story from when he was a senior in high school. He still remembers the events of something that he thought was just a friendship as if it was yesterday.

Jamie Sullivan was a minister's daughter, who wore boring brown sweaters every day, always tied her hair up in a bun, and always had her Bible with her. She is the girl that you would think of when you would imagine the person who gets made fun of in high school. She had never been on a date in her life, and Landon was one of the more popular boys in his high school.

Landon didn't have a date for homecoming, so he decided that he would ask Jamie because she was too sweet to say no and wouldn't have a date yet. When he asked, she said "promise me that you won't fall in love with me."

After a horrible night at homecoming, Jamie asked Landon to play the male lead in an upcoming Christmas play that was performed every year, and was a very big deal in the town. Landon didn't really want to, but Jamie talked him into it because she was playing the lead female and her father had written the play -- and Jamie wanted the play to be very special. After about two months of constant rehearsals, the play was performed and the town knew that this had been the best year ever. And Landon had to admit that it went well, and that he was falling in love with dorky Jamie. But there is a secret that Jamie was hiding from Landon. What could it possibly be? And why did she tell Landon not to fall in love with her?

This is another powerful love story from an author that makes you believe in love. Read this amazing novel to find out the secrets of Landon and Jamie.

Reviewed by: Taylor Rector

A Walk To Remember
A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 24 Jan. 2013)