5.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot do it justice
Sadly I was one of those people who watched the movie before the book so I knew the story line before I read it. However it still floored me reducing me to tears by the end.

This is one of those rare books for people my age, it is such an innocent and beautiful story that really inspires and gives you hope that true love can still exist.

It tells the...
Published on 12 May 2006 by Outraged Teen

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet as candy
Ok, I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not typically a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. However I was really pleasantly surprised with this particular novel.
In some of Sparks' other books the romance is a little dramatic and OTT for my taste. In "A Walk to Remember" however we have a simple but sweet love story between two high school sweethearts that are so great...
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Rachel Holton

5.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot do it justice, 12 May 2006
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)

It tells the story of Landon Carter, a popular rich kid who flys through school on his looks, charm and popular connections. Jamie Sulliven is everything he laughed at with his friends. She carried a Bible everywhere, she worked at the orphanage and of course she was nutorious for her 'stylish' brown sweater. This beautiful story throw these two unlikely people together and tells a moral far beyond anything you could have hoped for from the cover. Jamie turns Landon from a naive, aimless boy to a strong and caring man, breaking your heart in the process.

This book warns you from the start that it will make you cry and it certainly will. It made me laugh, grin, gasp, cry and above all feel hope that there is such a good book with a wonderful message in the world.

Do not be fooled, this book will look normal and predictable but it is so much more, it is a lesson and a treasure that I will keep for the rest of my life. It is more than a romance its a truth and one I would recommend to anyone. Any sex any age you'll love it and you'll smile through your tears till the very last word.

And if you aren't into reading please watch the movie. It is equally as amazing but with mino difeerences however it still floors you and challenges you in a way that movies haven't done fpr a long time.

Words cant truly express how wonderful this book is, it is one of my favourite books by Sparks and if you decide against it then you've made a mistake.

Bravo, bravo.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best and saddest books i've read in years, 12 Dec 2002
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
Having missed the film at the cinema i decided to read the book instead, i am so glad that i did as it is one of the best and saddest books i have ever read and i can't wait for it to come out on video. A walk to remember follows Landon Carter as he remember back to when he was seventeen and how Jamie Sullivan changed his life. Landon needs a date to a dance and as student body president he can't go alone so he asks the daughter of local Baptist minister Hegbert Sullivan Jamie. As repayment Jamie as Landon to star opposite her in her father's christmas play. Landon learns about life and love and not to judge people on popularity.
The ending of this book is one of the saddest i've ever read. Never having cried over a book before I was crying buckets and i just had to read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Mar 2003
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
Another Nicholas Sparks master piece!
Telling the story of Landon and Jamie, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, A Walk To Remember does that. It takes you on a journey of discovery and through an emotional rollercoaster.
Thrown together during drama club and an eagerly awaited performance of the traditional christmas play Landon and Jamie embark on a relationship that is like no other. For Landon he must ignor his friends comments while Jamie overcomes the protectivness of her vicar father.
A truely amazing story of love conquering all that will make you laugh and blind you with tears, it's a book that can not be put down no matter how hard you try to read a few pages and then do something else. This is a book that must be read in one go with your mind and heart open and ready to accept the beauty and emotion of this wonderful story

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was FANTASTIC!!!!! I Cried for hours!, 21 Feb 2002
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
I had seen an advert for the film and decided to get the book. I started reading and although it was good, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. But I Kept going and thank God I did! After the first few introductary chapters this book becomes an insight of what love and the journey towards love is like. I usually read the end page before I get to it, but for some reason I didn't this time and I'm glad because that would have spoiled the greatly effective ending.
The 'Walk to Remember' will stay with me too! Thank you Nicholas Sparks!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 23 Jun 2004
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
This book has to be one of the best books i ever read in my life. I thought the film was great and boy was i in for a surprise when i read the book its 10 times better than the film. This book is one of the only books that ever made me cry its an AMAZING book and i recommend that you read it if you don't your missing out on something truly great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk to remember, 2 Nov 2003
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
When I first read the blub of this book, I honestly thought it would not interest me at all, however, I started the book anyway, I was only two chapters in before I was completly hooked with the characters within the novel.
Sparks writes this novel in a way that will get you to smile, laugh and cry all the way through and make you feel as though you are in the novel with the characters.
I can honestly say that this is one of the best books I have ever read and would recommend it to anyone who wants to read about how true love can occur, and just how strong the love between two people can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and Moving story...., 4 April 2007
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
I actually saw the movie first before i bought the book. But the book is way better than the movie to my opinion. I did cry when i read the book, the story isn't the typical romance book that i usually read. I am a fan of Johanna Lindsey, Judith Mcnaught, etc... etc.... so after reading this different type of romance book really suprised me of how pure and simple love can be.... Its the best romance book i have ever read. Its for anyone who just are suckers for romance books.... A MUST READ!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous!, 3 May 2005
This review is from: A Walk to Remember (Paperback)
This book is simply somthing else. I had originally watched the film and was touched by it and so decided to pick up the book. I am not a great reader, and even a book of this size could take me some time to read, however once I started into the story I could not stop. In the 4 hours of reading I had went through laughter, excitement, sadness and tears. I would reccomend this book to anyone of any age or sex, who has some spare time to read some very moving words.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK!, 11 April 2007
Ms. S. L. Denning "beanie121" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
After seeing, loving and buying the movie i thought id better see what the original story was like. Wow! what an amazing and emotional story it is. Very diffferent from the movie and very powerful. The love Landon has for jamie is so deep i defy anyone not to be moved. I shed a few tears even at the end and finished the book from cover to cover in 2 hours! I felt that if i put the book down id lose the magic. Buy this book if you want a chance to escape to a place where true love can be found and then lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and inspirational, 6 April 2008
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
I bought this book one Saturday having watched the movie for the second time the night before. That night I read this book in 4 hours, going to bed in the middle of the night because I just couldn't put it down. I am not a big fan of reading novels but this had me hooked. Of course it is different from the movie; more detail and set in a different era (50's). A wonderful piece of work, giving the reader something to think about after every page.

The character of Jamie Sullivan is said to be based on Nicholas Sparks sister, and for me, Jamie is a very strong character and really challenges me to be a better person without making me feel guilty about who I am now.

An excellent work of art by Sparks and I look forward to reading some of his other books.

A Walk To Remember
A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 24 Jan 2013)
7.03