4.0 out of 5 stars Wish fulfillment
I think if I could have given this book 4.5 stars, I would have done so, because it really was a fantastically enjoyable book. However, as Jenny's note points out, this book started out because everyone wanted to find out what happened next and the storyline bears a lot of signs of building castles in the air. Some of the plot-lines really are ridiculous and could only...
Published 10 months ago by Mynnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as expected...
Review: I loved Rosie Hopkin's Sweetshop of Dreams, it was one of the best books that I read last year and so I had very high expectations for this one. Unfortunately my expectations were not really met. I loved revisiting the characters and the settings, especially Lillian but this books had a completely different feel for me to the last book and that just made it a bit...
Published 1 month ago by Fabulous Book Fiend

‹ Previous | 18 9 1017 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 Dec. 2013
Love the characters and the story. As always another great Jenny Colgan book!!!!!. Look forward to reading her other ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in a day!, 7 Dec. 2013
Great sequel. Characters were even more fascinating and I literally couldn't put it down. Even when I switched my light off at 1am, I couldn't sleep for thinking about it so had to switch on and read until 2am just to know how it all panned out and how everyone reacted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put downable, 6 Dec. 2013
Brilliant storytelling- laughed, cried and totally loved it- felt like I was living with all of the characters- Jenny Colgan at her best

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop (Hardcover)
Great read and upto her great standard. It made my Christmas start a great way. Read it in 2 days and couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!!, 4 Dec. 2013
I loved Rosie Hopkins Sweetshop. I want to find out what happens with Rosie and Stephen and the others. I hope Jenny Colgan brings out another Sweetshop book soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy reading, 3 Dec. 2013
This book really took you into the sweetshop. loved it. unable to put it down. well done. The kind of story to curl up in a nice warm bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, festive read that's full of heart, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop (Hardcover)
Rosie Hopkins has been running the sweet shop in Lipton for a year now but her business is threatened after an accident in the village. Christmas should be a time of joy but Rosie can't relax and enjoy herself when she is worried about the shop, coupled with the stress of her chaotic family descending upon her from Australia. Rosie should be able to talk to her boyfriend, Stephen but he's having problems of his own and instead of the festive season bringing them together, it seems to be driving them apart.

Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop is a follow up of Jenny Colgan's previous novel, Welcome To Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams. I haven't read the previous book so I was a little concerned I wouldn't be able to keep up with everything that was going on, but it wasn't an issue at all. Everything that needed to be explained was, without going into masses of back story and slowing the pace.

I loved the setting of Lipton, a little snowy village where everybody knows everybody else's business, particularly Rosie's shop with its array of treats, both old and new. But while Lipton may be a tiny village, a lot of drama ensues this particular Christmas. There is a lot going on within the book, but none of the stories seem to overshadow the others and I enjoyed every aspect. Rosie is a wonderful character and I loved the teasing nature of her relationship with Stephen, so it was a shame when they stopped communicating properly and their relationship began to suffer. They make such a great couple that I wanted them to realise what was happening and fix it before it was too late.

As well as Rosie, there are many great characters in Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, from Rosie's great-aunt Lilian to her Australian family and little Edison, a regular customer at the sweet shop. The characters and the book as a whole are fun and light-hearted, but there are some touching moments too. I thought the book was a fantastic festive read, full of fun and laughter as well as heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 2 Dec. 2013
S. J. Garrity (uk) - See all my reviews
I was so looking forward to reading this as I loved the first book.
The book as the title states is all about Rosie and her shop at the magical time of year, Christmas.
I don't want to give too much away but thee is a lot of drama happening in the village, we get to know Rosie's family more and a character talked about a lot in the last book but never in the present reappears.
I would highly recommend this book to those who have read the first book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequel but stands alone, 25 Nov. 2013
lovely feel good christmas story The characters return. You don't need to read the first book but I recommend you do

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab sequel..., 25 Nov. 2013
A great festive read. Jenny Colgan gets the right mix of humour, drama and festive fun in this sweetie return to Lipton.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1017 | Next ›

Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop
Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop by Jenny Colgan (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2013)