5.0 out of 5 stars Her first and best
I have read all of Carole matthews books, and I stumbled upon the novel
Published on 7 Sept. 2010 by mel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I read 106 pages and called it a day. Just couldn't get into into it I'm afraid. I've loved all other Carole Matthews books but this one.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Her first and best, 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Bare Necessity (Paperback)
I have read all of Carole matthews books, and I stumbled upon the novel
' Bare Necessity' on amazon the other day, her first book and I had not read it so I ordered it.When it arrived and I started reading it I just could not put it down, very funny, moving sad, happy are some of the words I could use to describe it, it was on the whole a very engrossing, feel good novel. I love her books but I think I loved this one the best. If your a fan of hers, and havent read it, its a must have, you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 25 Sept. 2007
Mrs. I. Blackwell "Ivonne" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This book was driving me mad. I was laughing out loud one minute and the next minute I wanted to shout at the characters as they kept missing each other when they're so obviously meant to meet. It got me gripped until the end. Excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st rate chick lit!, 17 Oct. 2004
Claire, Lulu "Lulu" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I read this book on holiday and laughed so loud i shocked everyone by the pool!
This book is funny from the beginning to end with all the little quirks such as the HoHoHo and the Spiders incidents! this book really is escapism, it is funny, inspiring and also makes you love your friends and boyfriends even more for being that little bit more normal!
It begins with Emmas boyfriend Declan taking naughty pics of her and posting them on his website, the trials and tribulations that follow and also the true support of her best friend (hippy) Cara.
Although you generally know what is coming in the book because you have read the back of the book or the incerts, its the way it happens and the time it takes that really will have you gasping for more!
A must read for all who want a giggle!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 6 Aug. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed !!, 31 Dec. 2010
I dont know what it was about this book but I just couldnt get into it at all, I read 2 Carole Matthews books previous to this within a fortnight and couldnt put them down but this did nothing for me, I think maybe Miss Matthews writing has improved ten fold since this was first published. It wont stop me buying her books though.

5.0 out of 5 stars saucy!, 22 July 2004
By A Customer
I really loved this book!! also, Carole Matthews really builds up the tension and it takes a whole story before the 2 lovers find each other, and the different ways they ALMOST though not yet run in to each other several times is so hilarious. further of course, the story of the main character Emily, who finds out that her boyfriend put her picture (dressed as a saucy santa) on the internet. well that's the beginning of an interesting story with a nice surprising end... for Cara (her best friend) and for Emily as well!

2.0 out of 5 stars I love Carole Matthews books normally but this one has to ..., 12 Sept. 2014
I love Carole Matthews books normally but this one has to the most ridiculous and far- fetched plot I have ever come across. The idea that one saucy photo of a girl loaded onto an internet site by her sleazy boyfriend could be beamed around the world and be headlines news in virtually every country in the developed world is stretching believability to breaking point. The whole plot was a mess from start to finish and I ended up just skimming through the pages to try to find a remotely sensible bit worth reading. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing read, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Compromising Position (Paperback)
I absolutely was addicted to this book one of the best reads ever!!!!!!!!!!
Could relate to the characters and found myself laughing out loud so many times , so so descriptive
Carole Matthews is on of the best authors and I cant wait to start reading her books----------totally addicted to this brilliant author

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 4 July 2014
I love all of Carole Matthews books this one is really funny and is brilliant reading from start to finish, great to take on holiday.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 4 May 2014
I am a huge fan of Carole Matthews but thought this book was not one of her best. Although it was humorous it was a little uneventful up until the end. I will still look forward to reading my next book by this author.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

A Compromising Position
A Compromising Position by Carole Matthews (Paperback - 26 Sept. 2013)