Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 January 2015
I struggled with this one. Marina Anderson has written some disturbingly dark male characters and Carlos is another who seems to have no redeeming features. Perhaps I just don't relate to these dominant/ manipulative males who play people for their entertainment. Luckily, like in most of Anderson's works, the female lead turns out to be stronger than we are initially led to believe.
on 12 March 2013
I really enjoyed this book, it keeps you on the edge of your seat at times it does make you cringe a little bit, but then that's what you expect from these type of books I've read two of them up to now and I will continue to buy more from Marina Anderson, if you enjoy any of her books then you'll enjoy this.
on 7 March 2013
I tried 50 shades and could not get into it at all. A friend lent me Haven of Obedience by Maria Anderson and it was great so I got this one by the same author. Yet again I could not put it down, the characters seem so real (well sort of).
I am now ready to get another book by maira as loving these.
on 15 May 2013
The book was well written but the story is lacking. I was expecting to read more about how she research about the things in Rio with his help, how the start to bond while they do that not just jumping to the scene when he wants her and she said yes ??? It was not well prepared and I didnt understand her while she did that. I liked the fact that I was not cheesy and the love line was not really there. I also liked how he wanted to set her free and how she felt in the end. Not a bad read at all just not what you expect.
on 2 April 2013
I am not saying that this is not a good book .All i am saying is that if one is not in to this kind of sexual games then one should not read it.I am not into BDSM so this story is not for me.
on 9 March 2014
I'm only have way through this book because I don't tend to read them like a novel! but I have to say "the book works for me"!! :-)
on 16 May 2013
Its a good read similar to 50 shadesof grey trilogy but if you like that you will prob like this
on 30 April 2013
Someone else said it cuts to the chase. You can say that again!

For me, there are too many sex/BDSM scenes in this book, and not enough story. Why should this matter? I guess some of us prefer the sexual tension and build up that comes from the more modern 50Shades type books.

Well written and very saucy, but not my favourite.
on 7 May 2013
Like so many books out there jumping on the band wagon of 50 Shades, it is so much like that. Although it made for some interesting reading, there are only so many of these books you can read. Lets face it once you've read one book you've read them all!!
on 6 February 2013
Another book by Marina Anderson that I could not put down until I had finished it. She writes a super story that flows and makes sense, plus it makes you feel good!