5.0 out of 5 stars I love her books
Published 23 months ago by Mrs. Doreen Eifiona Rider

1.0 out of 5 stars Part 1of 2
I have always hated it when I discover in the last couple of chapters that the book is not going to finish. That I am going to have to buy another book to see how the story ends. It doesn't matter how good or bad the book was. This ruins it for me. I feel cheated. When other authors have done this in the past, I have stopped buying their books. Decision time again!
Published 11 months ago by Max Cancale

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love her books, 26 Jan 2013
I first discovered this author at a book shop and when I got home I researched on line to find that the book I saw was the 10th in the series about Maggie O'Dell a detective. I ordered the first book and then I was hooked. I now own all ten! Great characters and the stories are so different to each other. I would compare her to the books James Patterson wrote in the begining but alas doesn't anymore. Long may M. O'Dell live and reign

1.0 out of 5 stars Part 1of 2, 8 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So, 26 Feb 2013
I have read all of the Maggie O`Dell series and once again Alex Kava has written an interesting tale. But, it now feels like an artist painting by numbers. None of the characters have developed in any way for that last 3 books at least. The introduction of Maggie's brother is another strand but nothing is happening. She investigates, gets her `man` and gets hurt in the process. I really hope this is a temporary blip because the author has proved she is a brilliant thriller writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alex Kava - Fireproof, 22 Feb 2013
molko (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell) (Paperback)
This is Alex Kava's 10th book featuring FBI profiler Maggie O'Dell. This time around O'Dell is joined by other regular faces of the series Julia Racine and RJ Tully as they all work together to hunt down a serial arsonist who is targeting seemingly random buildings in the city. As the fires escalate the heat kicks up as bodies start turning up at the scenes as well.

I've been a fan of Alex Kava since her first book 'A Perfect Evil (MIRA)' which was truly enjoyable, and while many of the following books in the series weren't really up to scratch, it seems Kava has found her voice within the genre over the last few years and has produced a string of fast paced, entertaining thrillers. 'Fireproof' is relentlessly paced and plotted so much so as to rival that of the prolific James Patterson's Alex Cross series. I'd recommend this one as a standalone but if you haven't already then i'd also point you in the direction of Kava's back catalogue. The only thing making me hesitant to award this 5 stars was that i guessed the culprit fairly early on and that the ending leaves the story open for a follow up which left me slightly annoyed that the full mystery wasn't all tied up in one book. Needless to say I'll be first in line for the hardback copy of her next book 'Stranded (Maggie O'Dell)'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It !, 5 Jun 2014
The characters in this series and becoming stronger and stronger each time. love the way that the author describes the scenes and really puts you at the front of the investigations !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Mar 2014
loved ever minute of this account with Maggie and her colleagues. Feel I know them. Long may the journey continue. Thank you Alex keep them coming

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it, 24 Jan 2014
looked forward to this but was a bit disappointed in that it seemed very bitty and not the usual well written smooth read but it will not put me off getting the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 12 Jan 2014
Read this book over several days,but wasn't disparate to continue reading,easy to follow story though and pick up threads following break

5.0 out of 5 stars to be read, 10 Oct 2013
not read it yet...... one of my favorite authors, so will enjoy when i do get round to reading it

3.0 out of 5 stars not great, 1 Oct 2013
it was a little unexciting to be honest - not what i have come to expect from the series, sadly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell)
Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell) by Alex Kava (Paperback - 14 Feb 2013)