5.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in an afternoon!
Published on 6 Sept. 2012 by RK061

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short and lacks a punch
I'm a long time listener to Scott's show and think he's a great bloke.
But this autobiography is a huge let down. Firstly, once you take away the photos, it comes in at under 200 pages. In a relatively large font. I'd expect that in an autobiography of a One Direction member, not a man who's been around as long as Scott.

It feels rushed... key moments in...
Published on 19 Sept. 2012 by J. C. Marrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in an afternoon!, 6 Sept. 2012
As a longtime listener of Scott's show I was interested to read more about him. I really did read it all in a couple of hours on my kindle (which I was THRILLED to see still contains the autobiography pictures that I was wondering whether the kindle version would include.) I found that I had heard some of the stories on the radio show before, but this is not a bad thing it just shows that Scott really is himself on the radio. Love You Bye makes me genuinely want to be friends with Scott Mills, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who listens to the show or who is a fan of Scott.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short and lacks a punch, 19 Sept. 2012
J. C. Marrs (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
I'm a long time listener to Scott's show and think he's a great bloke.

It feels rushed... key moments in his life like the loss of a loved on are glossed over in a few short pages, we never really get to know why he was such a profound person in Scott's life.
Likewise his coming out - he explains how he told his family, but there's no details on growing up gay at school, how his friends reacted etc. I know he doesn't want his sexuality to define him, but in an autobiography it deserves more than the space it received.

Equally his descent into alcohol abuse is also interesting, but then suddenly seems to end - it's as if he feels like he'll be boring us if if he dedicates more than two pages to any one subject.

Chapters on his documentary for BBC3 about the world's worst place to be gay are fascinating - it's clearly a subject he feels passionate about - it's a shame that he's not as passionate about telling us about the rest of his life.

If you don't really care about Scott and just want celebrity anecdotes, then this is for you. But often they are too brief. Chapters feel like links between songs - brief and to the point, with no flesh to their bones sp as not to bore the reader/ listener before the next song is played.

This book is for people with a low attention span who wants a quick read. But for those of us who wanted to know more about the man who has kept us entertained for more than a decade, you'll learn almost as much from this book as you would by listening to one of his shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love You, Bye, 17 Oct. 2012
Amazon Customer (stoke-on-trent, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
I am not usually a fan of the autobiography, let alone the cashing in on fame 'Celebrity' tome. This book however was a total revelation. I have loved Scott on the radio for years and after getting this book as a birthday present I picked it up intending to have a quick flick through. 3 hours later and I had finished the entire book. This is a very honest, immensely readable book. It is frank about such subjects as mental health and addiction but never loses the lighthearted, funny quips and observations that Scott's millions of listeners, me included, love.

Best autobiography of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic autobiography - well worth the read!, 13 Sept. 2012
Mikey (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
This book was a pleasure to read, cover to cover. The only downside is that I reached the end very quickly and would have loved to be able to read much more.
Scott Mills comes across as a very genuine guy who has met numeroud celebs and details random experiences that he has had with them. We are alkso treated to his path to Radio 1 and the stories of his numerous ex- boyfriends.
I'm hoping that sometime down the line, he'll bring out a follow-up to this. Can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love You Bye, 25 Sept. 2012
Serena Greaves "dvd fiend" (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
Love You Bye is the autobiography of Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills. The book takes you on a journey of how he got started on radio and eventually landed his dream job at Radio 1 with a few panic attacks along the way. It's really funny and quite sad in places throughout the book. The delivery time was a little bit slow this time but it still showed up before its arrival date.

If you're a fan of Scott Mills and his show you will definitely love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
As a long term listener to Scott's show naturally I was excited when I heard this was coming out. It didn't disappoint. Scott's personality showed really well through the witty and honest writing style. Although I enjoyed the celebrity based anecdotes (many of which I've already heard from his show) it would have been nice to have had a little more detail from his childhood. All in all, I would definatly recommend this to any listener of the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply #Amazeballs!, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
This is the best biography I've read in a while. As a person with a passion for radio it is amazing to read about someone's story and an insight into the industry. I've also been a fan of the show since before Chappers left and love reading about a person who i feel I know despite having never met them and they not knowing i exist. Havent been able to put it down. Deffo a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !!!!!!!!!!, 20 April 2014
Such an amazing and powerful it made you want to read so much more all the time wow wow wow

4.0 out of 5 stars A short but likeable book, 10 Mar. 2014
I'm quite a big fan of the Scott Mills radio show, so this was the main reason I purchased the book. it's quite short, but the good thing is there is not much, if any, filler. If you are a fan of Scott's radio show then I think you will really enjoy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars love scott mills, 5 Feb. 2014
What you see/read is what you get. Funny honest guy with wit. No agenda, just doing what he loves & not making a big deal of it. Really easy book to read!

Love You Bye: My Story
Love You Bye: My Story by Scott Mills (Hardcover - 30 Aug. 2012)