5.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in an afternoon!
Published 24 months ago by RK061

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short and lacks a punch
I'm a long time listener to Scott's show and think he's a great bloke.
But this autobiography is a huge let down. Firstly, once you take away the photos, it comes in at under 200 pages. In a relatively large font. I'd expect that in an autobiography of a One Direction member, not a man who's been around as long as Scott.

It feels rushed... key moments in...
Published 23 months ago by J. C. Marrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished it in an afternoon!, 6 Sep 2012
As a longtime listener of Scott's show I was interested to read more about him. I really did read it all in a couple of hours on my kindle (which I was THRILLED to see still contains the autobiography pictures that I was wondering whether the kindle version would include.) I found that I had heard some of the stories on the radio show before, but this is not a bad thing it just shows that Scott really is himself on the radio. Love You Bye makes me genuinely want to be friends with Scott Mills, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who listens to the show or who is a fan of Scott.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short and lacks a punch, 19 Sep 2012
J. C. Marrs (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Hardcover)
I'm a long time listener to Scott's show and think he's a great bloke.

It feels rushed... key moments in his life like the loss of a loved on are glossed over in a few short pages, we never really get to know why he was such a profound person in Scott's life.
Likewise his coming out - he explains how he told his family, but there's no details on growing up gay at school, how his friends reacted etc. I know he doesn't want his sexuality to define him, but in an autobiography it deserves more than the space it received.

Equally his descent into alcohol abuse is also interesting, but then suddenly seems to end - it's as if he feels like he'll be boring us if if he dedicates more than two pages to any one subject.

Chapters on his documentary for BBC3 about the world's worst place to be gay are fascinating - it's clearly a subject he feels passionate about - it's a shame that he's not as passionate about telling us about the rest of his life.

If you don't really care about Scott and just want celebrity anecdotes, then this is for you. But often they are too brief. Chapters feel like links between songs - brief and to the point, with no flesh to their bones sp as not to bore the reader/ listener before the next song is played.

This book is for people with a low attention span who wants a quick read. But for those of us who wanted to know more about the man who has kept us entertained for more than a decade, you'll learn almost as much from this book as you would by listening to one of his shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !!!!!!!!!!, 20 April 2014
Such an amazing and powerful it made you want to read so much more all the time wow wow wow

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read for Scott Mills fans, 27 Mar 2014
Ive been a Scott Mills fan for a few years now but dont get to listen as much now due to the ridiculous decision to move his slot to early afternoon.

The book itself is honest and interesting throughout. Its a good read, a little short and there are some things that it would have been nice if he'd have gone into more detail over. However all in all I really enjoyed reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A short but likeable book, 10 Mar 2014
I'm quite a big fan of the Scott Mills radio show, so this was the main reason I purchased the book. it's quite short, but the good thing is there is not much, if any, filler. If you are a fan of Scott's radio show then I think you will really enjoy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars love scott mills, 5 Feb 2014
What you see/read is what you get. Funny honest guy with wit. No agenda, just doing what he loves & not making a big deal of it. Really easy book to read!

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite radio 1 dj, 31 Jan 2014
Scott mills is my favourite Dj. I love the banter on his show. The book is good but would have loved more about his time and stories about radio 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Paperback)
I have always liked listening to Scott mill's radio show but never in all my time have I laughed so much at a book!
I really enjoyed it and would deffinately read it again. Worth the read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love You!, 30 Sep 2013
I knew this book would bring lots of LOL's and it didn't disappoint but it also brought quite a bit of sadness. Scott has had some tough times that I'm sure a lot of people are unaware of. Brilliant read, got through it in two days!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you love scott must buy!, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Love You Bye: My Story (Paperback)
Love you bye higlights the highs and lows of scotts career, his battle with self confidence issues and a fair few lol stories as well. A must for all scott mills fans

Love You Bye: My Story
Love You Bye: My Story by Scott Mills (Hardcover - 30 Aug 2012)
9.99