5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 14 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli (Paperback)
As a lifelong football supporter, I am probably not alone in finding most books about football tediously dull. The last thing I want to read about is some rich idiot/resentful old pro laboriously describing on field events, which I probably witnessed with my own eyes, then revealing that they liked a bit of a drink (well there's a shock).

Thankfully Mr Vincent's wonderful book offers none of the above. I would like to claim that it offers an intriguing social commentary through the eyes of one of our top footballers. That would of course be a lie. What it does offer is laughs - lots of them. Want to read about Balotelli's `interesting' ideas for children's books, or his correspondence with top movie stars such as Chuck Norris? No, I didn't think I did either. However, I now desperately hope that Mr Vincent follows up this fine work with Elvis Costello's Biffy McSpangletrousers and the Buttery Crumpets of Doom.

I will be buying copies for all of my Manchester City and Manchester United supporting friends. None of whom come from Manchester of course...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest toilet books ever. For people who hate people who like toilet books., 20 July 2012
This review is from: The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli (Paperback)
Vincent begins his musings with an admission to having never met the bloke. The bloke he refers to is Mario Balotelli, a vigilante set from Planet Zorg to take society, run it through a colander (preferably one endorsed by Jamie Oliver or at the very least Masterchef) and shake out all the bad bits (like you would with pasta...or rice). In this semi-biographic paperback, Vincent uses Balotelli as a vehicle through which he can exorcise his inner longings for mischief, tomfoolery and spontaneous acts of philanthropy. The book takes us through a year/season in the life of Vincent/Balotelli where our hapless protagonist talks us through his relatively touched view of the world around him. From a welcome appearance from Shaun Ryder at a high end dinner party to a furious exchange with Patrick Moore, Vincent/Balotelli's colourful existence will leave you feeling hollow and potentially on the edge as the realisation hits that you will neither be as wealthy nor as uninhibited as our lead man. In fact, deep down you know that if you were to stay for that extra pint at office drinks tonight, you may well take a pee in the street (you rebel)...but would you miss the cup final to fly back to your home (the Planet Zorg)? No, because you're a bore relieving yourself in a public place - and that's the best bit of your week (go on admit it). You are not an exceptionally gifted writer with a wonderfully abstract mind and superbly dark humour (think daily mash/private eye), writing about perhaps one of the most intriguing men to have stepped on to a football pitch since Gazza. A fantastic piece of work. Thank you Bruno.

The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned His Head, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli (Paperback)
My 14 year old, was not interested in reading - at all. He is football mad, and would spend a few minutes a week glancing at football magazines, but never would read a book.
I got this book for him, and, hey presto! he's an avid reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bath full of fire, 9 May 2012
This review is from: The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli (Paperback)
My wife decided to buy me this book for my Birthday, once I opened the first page it was like a wizards sleeve drawing me in for the kill. Not only did it open my eyes but it changed my life forever, every time I head outside now I have to be accompanied by my Chicken hat and some TK Max leather. If I had to describe this book then I would ask someone if they can imagine a soothing blend of a POLICE album, Chicken Korma, and WD40 being poured into both ear holes simultaneously, then you will have only been able to scratch the surface of the feast of pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading for bedtime or in the loo, 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli (Paperback)
A great stocking filler for boys of all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jun. 2015
v.funny

The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli
The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli by Bruno Vincent (Paperback - 10 May 2012)