5.0 out of 5 stars The Loveliest Read in the Kindle Store
I didn't even read the reviews of The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris before I bought it as having read Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe, I knew I liked the authors style of writing and therefore knew I couldn't go far wrong with Chocolate and Paris. It's a perfect read, beautiful descriptions of the most romantic city in the world and lovely believable romances taking...
Published 21 months ago by MrsB

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..
I've read all of Jenny Colgan's books and I was so looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations in fact I have to say I don't think there is really a story worth writing about here. The story seems very patchy.
You read the story through the main characters eyes and at the same time there are past snippets from a friend of the...
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. N. J. Greenwood

‹ Previous | 125 26 2732 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 1 April 2013
Miss J. Wright (Croxley Green, UK) - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down and read it in two sittings. It is a love story with a difference which goes from one era to another and the characters are entwined making you laugh and cry at times. The details about how chocolate was made was so vivid that you could almost taste this sensuous delight. I was so sorry when I had finished reading this book and enjoyed every minute of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 1 April 2013
I'm not a big chocaholic, so wondered whether I'd get bored of the chocolate side of the story - I didn't. It was a tale of two love stories, set 40 years apart, but interlinked. I absolutely loved this book. Having not visited Paris since I was 8 years old, I'm now researching hotels, planning for a trip later in the year, inspired by this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Enjoyable Reading, 1 April 2013
G. Worsfold "whitecat" (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This book is a must-have, you can almost taste the chocolate! Don't hesitate you will soon become totally immersed. A real delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect package, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
This book started rather bizzarely but after the first few pages I was engrossed.It is a lovely,gentle,read with beautiful descriptions of Paris.Anna and Claire are two great lead characters.I loved the life journeys they made in Paris A bit different to Jenny's other books I would thoroughly reccomend this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Loveliest Chocolate Shop by Paris, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
I love Jenny Colgan's other books of a similar nature, but this was not her best.

Don't get me wrong, it was a very good read, but I would have preferred a little more "padding" and a better ending. Without giving too much away, the ending for both characters was "skimmed over" a little too much for my liking. I guess I just wanted more.

Eagerly awaiting her next one though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and delicate, 31 Mar 2013
Very beautiful book, soft and gentle. Took my breath away, making me want to visit Paris, speak French and try the chocolate. A must read from the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jenny's loveliest book yet., 30 Mar 2013
I have enjoyed all of Jenny's books, but I think that this is her best yet. After getting over the slightly bizarre accident which befalls the main character, the book really gets into its stride. Beautiful descriptions of Paris and of chocolate making await the reader, but it is emotional life of the characters which Jenny handles so well. This is definitely not just another chick lit rom com, but a sensitive exploration of love and life and the choices we make along the way. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
Jenny Colgan is my favourite author and this book doesn't disappoint. Pure indulgence from start to finish. Brilliant, would recommend Jenny to anyone who loves a good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence!, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
I'm a huge fan of Jenny Colgan, and this book didn't disappoint. I couldn't put it down and I laughed and sniffled my way through.

It's so easy to get lost on the characters and the setting, Jenny Colgan's Paris is the most charming and romantic city, it made me desperate to rush off and book a mini break. As with her last few novels, food plays a star ingredient, described so beautifully your mouth will be watering. A must for lovers of chick-lit and chocolate!

The book is pure indulgence, I'd recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 27 Mar 2013
T. S. Dorr (London UK) - See all my reviews
This book has the two best ingredients in my opinion - chocolate and Paris.

I just loved everything about this book and while reading it, I could feel I was right there in Paris. Having been to the beautiful city many times, it just came alive with Jenny's words and I could picture every scene. I think everyone who has been to Paris will feel the same way, but even if you haven't, the descriptions make you feel you are there enjoying the sights, sounds and - well the smells - especially of the chocolate.

I won't go into the story, as other reviews have done that, but it is a lovely, gentle tale that really tugs at the heartstrings. You really feel for Anna the main character but even more so for Claire who's story unfolds beside Anna's

A beautiful book that I didn't want to end.

‹ Previous | 125 26 2732 | Next ›

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)