5.0 out of 5 stars The Loveliest Read in the Kindle Store
Published 17 months ago by MrsB

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This was OK. I purchased it after reading 'The Little Beach Street Bakery' but didn't enjoy it half as much. Maybe I wasn't in the mood....
Published 2 months ago by Andrea Willson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Loveliest Read in the Kindle Store, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
I didn't even read the reviews of The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris before I bought it as having read Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe, I knew I liked the authors style of writing and therefore knew I couldn't go far wrong with Chocolate and Paris. It's a perfect read, beautiful descriptions of the most romantic city in the world and lovely believable romances taking place there. It's a great book and the description of Claire and her cancer battle are amazing, touching and well handled. I did shed tears but I also smiled lots. I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will make your mouth water and your heart melt, 26 May 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
Jenny Colgan has done it again! She has concocted another sweet morsel of a novel in The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris.

When an accident in a chocolate factory in the North of England left thirty-year-old Anna Trent lying in a hospital with two missing toes, she thought her life was never going to be the same again. That was before she knew that her French Teacher, Claire, was in the same hospital room as her. Claire, a patient with terminal Cancer, kept Anna company whilst in hospital. Then she made Anna a proposition of a life-time: To work in a chocolate shop in Paris owned by the only man whom Claire ever loved, Thierry Girard--a master chocolatier.

As the sun rises over the Pont de Neuf, and the cobbled alleyways of Paris come to life, Anna Trent is busy making chocolates the old fashioned way--by hand. As she mixes, blends and tastes the finest chocolates in Paris, the Chateau Chocolat sells them to the grandes dames of Paris.

As the story unfolds, you get to meet and love Claire as she tells the story of her younger self who was sent as an Au Pair (Nanny) to Paris to mind the children of her mother's life-long pen pal, Madame Legarde. While in Paris the young Claire meets and falls in love with the town's master chocolatier, Thierry Girard, owner of the prestigious Le Chateau Chocolat. The pair fall helplessly in love until Claire has to return home to England to resume her studies, leaving behind the man she truly ever loved.

Years later, through Anna Trent, Claire and Thierry meet again and relive their romance for one last time. This book made me cry in places and made my mouth water. I fell in love with the book's characters, the chocolate and the city that brought this book to life. I have always wanted to see Paris and this book transports me to the city of light and romance without having to purchase a ticket. At the end of the book Colgan features a repertoire of chocolate recipes guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds. Each recipe is tested by Colgan herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 7 April 2013
One of the best book that I've read in ages, couldn't put it down. Have recommended it to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars More Please!!!, 31 Mar 2013
How can you beat a mix of Paris, good chocolate and romance. A really enjoyable read that lifts the spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 April 2013
Miss T. A. Gibson (Teesside, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
As you read the book it takes you on a truly wonderful journey, of which you feel part of. I actually felt as though I was in Paris, Jenny writes in such a way that you actually feel as though your there, living in her masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 Jun 2013
I was worried this book would be just more "chic lit" but it was a wonderful moving read that transported me back to Paris. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
Beautiful book which really draws you in to the romance of Paris & it's strong characters keep you hooked. Made me cry & can't wait for a sequel - please write one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this book!, 25 May 2013
I couldn't put this book down - within a few pages I was hooked and I thought this was a really wonderful story. I always love Jenny Colgan's books and I actually thought this was one of her best. Thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who likes her books or just enjoys a good easy read!

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 31 May 2013
lovely easy reading, excellent but not over the top descriptions. Loved all the characters, would have liked more on Alice as she was made out to be horrid and her human side then touched on lightly. Perfectly set up for another installment on Anna and Laurent.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 22 May 2013
This review is from: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (Paperback)
Ordered this for my mother who is a total Francophile. She loved it, she said it was a slow start but once into it she couldn't put it down and will read it again. In fact she enjoyed it so much she wants to get it in French language.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)
8.09