5.0 out of 5 stars COMPULSIVE READ
Heard a lot about this and not disappointed. Fascinating tales of places unlkely to ever visit but written in a very easy way
Published 21 months ago by D. Stallard

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 24 days ago by joann barton

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Extreme Frontiers: Racing Across Canada from Newfoundland to the Rockies (Paperback)
Very much enjoyed travelling "with" Charley Boorman. There are very good descriptions of activities, country, people and some history too. The book also conveys very well the mental and physical stamina undergone by him and, not forgetting, his travel companions - administrative and technical.

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPULSIVE READ, 11 Dec 2012
D. Stallard (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Charlie Boorman adventure, 7 May 2012
Like so many of Charlie's adventures, it's his charisma that makes it worth watching. It's sad that it's so short compared to other adventures. It no sooner gets going than its ended, which is a shame as I'm sure another couple of episodes could have been squeezed in. Canada is such an amazing country and so much to see, that it's a shame we didn't see a little bit more of it. Still small criticism for another great programme from Russ, Charlie and the team.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking travel book, 31 Mar 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
For years I've been a big fan of stories of adventure so when I had a chance to read the new Charley Boorman book I couldn't resist it. Especially when he was exploring Canada, a land I last "visited" with Billy Connolly which left me interested to see what he'd do differently so that I could see another side to this land.

All in, this book brought Charley's personality shining through, the writing was personable, the people mentioned within brought to life and with his observations it made this a warm introduction to the land of ice and wilderness. Add to this wonderful anecdotes and for me this was an adventure that I not only shared but felt that I'd also lived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book: Excellent TV Show: Sent me to sleep!, 21 April 2013
I have all the Charley and Ewan collection from viewing to reading matter. I have to say in this book, there are a fair few spelling mistakes that, if I am honest, put me off and made me throw the book across the room!
Having said that, It was easier to follow the book than the viewing matter. It was just so boring, it sent me to sleep, literally.
I didn't see the point of Russ being in it. Russ was much better in Long Way Round with a decent role to play.
If you really want to see or read something amazing; Race to Dakar is by far the best instalment.
In the Race to Dakar, it is authentic in that it is Africa and not at the other place that, now takes the name like, alcohol-free beer and snide sportswear.
Long Way Up is probably next!
How about ditching the BMW's and using everyday riding transport, like moped's or scooter's. The commercial entity has taken the gloss of the series by visiting the USA yet again!
Honestly, how many of us Brit's are going to be able to afford such journey's.
That's not aspiration. It's verging on hallucination!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Aug 2014