5.0 out of 5 stars The best Carole Matthews yet - perfect Christmas read
Published 13 months ago by SoozBuch

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Great cover, great idea for the story, but I must admit that the first half of this book I struggled with.

I think the thing was I sat down, saw the cover, saw the tag line by Trisha Astley (not how I would describe the book at all) and I expected it to be full of festive cheer but with a few mishaps or problems.

There were problems and it was heavy...
Published 22 months ago by Thinker

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Carole Matthews yet - perfect Christmas read, 12 Aug 2013
I've read almost all of Carole Matthews books so consider myself a big fan. I loved how true to life Juliet trying to make Christmas perfect was, plus all the multi-tasking it involved. I also loved how the secondary characters were well explored. I was unsure about the wisdom of Rick's decision in keeping his secret friendship from his wife, but could imagine someone just like him reaching out to a young girl less fortunate. The inclusion of everyone in the Christmas festivities reminded me of so many different friends' stories telling me they are cooking for 18 or 20 on Christmas Day - and I always admire them! I thought Juliet had the patience of a saint in general, but particularly with regard to her son Tom's latest conquest turning up on Christmas Day with 2 selfish brats (upbringing of course!) in tow.
The unexpected arrival of a grandchild in a most unexpected way also had me cheering them on - particularly as I was heavily pregnant when I read this book, and was hoping I wouldn't go into labour in this way!)
The whole cast of characters was a dream to read about and I will, as always, be looking forward to the next release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read, 18 Jan 2013
Just finished this book, it was fab and couldn't put it down, even at 4am. Definitely recommend this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 15 Jan 2013
I enjoy Carole Matthews books and especially this one. Very easy to read and I found it hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read!, 9 Jan 2013
I read this book over Xmas and really enjoyed it. I live quite close to where the book is set, so could relate to it well, and actually found myself checking out the places mentioned in it. The characters are believable, stroppy girl, moody boy, busy Mum and Dad, mad grandparents etc...if you have a family like this you'll be sure to enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good One!, 9 Jan 2013
This is a great feel good book. If you love Carole Matthews, and other writers like Jill Mansell and Milly johnson, you're guaranteed to enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: With Love at Christmas (Paperback)
I buy all the Carole Matthews books for my mother who absolutely adores reading every one of them. She always phones me to say how much she enjoys Carole Matthews novels and enjoyed With Love At Christmas very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Jan 2013
As a huge Carole Matthews fan, I settled down during the Christmas holidays to read this and it didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and feel it definitely deserves a full five stars. I would love to write a longer and more in-depth review but I'm doing so on my new Kindle Fire which I'm still getting used to! So even though Christmas has now passed, I would recommend you give this book a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars With Love at christmas, 2 Jan 2013
Mrs. K. M. Adams (Norwich Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: With Love at Christmas (Paperback)
This is one book that I loved, it was a lovely story that showed Carole Matthews at her best. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!! :D, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: With Love at Christmas (Hardcover)
This is everything I love about Christmas!! Carole Matthews is a fantastic author, her books are a pleasure to read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich read, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: With Love at Christmas (Paperback)
Ignore all the negative reviews - this was a thoroughly enjoyable read during the festive season. Familiar observations made funny, rich characters and a lovely tale - I couldn't put it down.

With Love at Christmas
With Love at Christmas by Carole Matthews (Paperback - 25 Oct 2012)