5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read
This is the first book I've read by this (joint) author and won't be the last. Easy to read in bites. The style of the writing is sometimes like dot points but I found this retains interest. Will read more in this style.
Published 18 months ago by Landmartin

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
This was my first foray into husband-and-wife-team Tania Carver's books, the first two which have somehow passed me by and which I now think I should have read first as I had heard good things about them, only to be somewhat let down by Cage of Bones.

Published on 16 Nov 2011 by Boof

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Nov 2011
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) (Paperback)

The book opens with a couple of builders making their way into a derilict building and being confronted with a small feral child who has been locked up in a cage made out of human bones. The boy is whisked to hospital and the police called in to investigate who he was and how he ended up here. Around the same time, a young woman who has been working as a prostitute is kidnapped and flees her capter only to then be knocked over by an oncoming car. While these cases my seem unrelated, hints are dropped to the reader that all may not be what it seems.

The above paragraph is not what I had a problem with; I was on board with the boy in the cage and the terrified fleeing woman, but where I had a problem was the other part of the story (which I really can't go into detail about as it would spoil the book). I don't have a problem suspending my belief, afterall I read enough crime fiction, but this was almost bordering on the ridiculous. Again this part of the plot on its own may have been belivable but linking it back to the boy in the cage didn't sit well with me at all.

The other problem I had with this book was the narrative: Most sentences started without using he, she, I, they etc for example "Perhaps they would love his work at the demolition company so much he'd be promoted. Move on up the company until he was top man. Cam smiled. Walked on." It was like this the whole way through the book and really started to irritate me, especially as all the characters talked in exactly the same way - use pronouns damn you all!!

Verdict: Perhaps I've read so much crime fiction lately that I am becoming more aware of what is clever crime writing and what is supermarket fodder (and I am disappointed in myself for even saying that as I am a huge supporter of books sold in supermarkets if it brings books to the masses) but this really did feel like that - it felt amateurish and like I wanted to run a big red pen all through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 10 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) (Paperback)
Discovered this book in a 3 for 5 pile.Much too good for that sort of treatment.
Leads a very satisfying journey into the twisted and macabre behaviour of various members of society without relying on lurid sensationalism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tania Carver Cage of Bones, 17 Jun 2014
B. B. Norman "Wex fan" (suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) (Paperback)
Love Tania Carver chilling read wan't something different , then try it great stuff, i have read all her books to date ( a wife & husband write these actully)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 4 Jun 2014
I couldn't stop reading this book. A really good storyline, well written and great to read. Got into it immediately from page one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 29 May 2014
Wow from start to finish brilliant. You just can't put it down. Really keeps you on the edge of your chair

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 May 2014
Yvonne Brown (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) (Paperback)
As ever a great read from Tania Carver. Very hard to put it down. If you are of a nervous disposition be warned it is scary!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great suspense, 6 Feb 2014
Read all the books by Tanya Carver. Great continuity. Real suspense. Another world?! Like the development of main characters in all books

5.0 out of 5 stars They just keep getting better, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) (Paperback)
Read the whole series of books so far and am extremely happy with them.can't wait for the next book to be written

5.0 out of 5 stars Cage of Bones, 15 Jan 2014
Loved this book. Found it hard to put this book down once I started reading. Looking forward to the next book.
Star rating 4

Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito)
Cage Of Bones (Brennan and Esposito) by Tania Carver (Paperback - 15 Sep 2011)
6.39