5.0 out of 5 stars A great City thriller, 31 July 2009
City of Thieves: The Controversial City Thriller
I have worked in the City of London and on Wall Street for many years and was duly impressed by how realistic the main characters were in this fast paced thriller. In fact this book has such a realistic feel to it I had to stop myself from believing that I had worked with, or for, some of the companies and protaganists.
Building on this base of strong characters the author has woven a complicated but compelling page-turner with a surprise ending. A great fun read..I can only wait for the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Gripping, 16 Aug 2010
This review is from: City Of Thieves (Paperback)
If you have worked in the city this will be a great read for you. If you have not worked in the city it is a MUST read!

For a first book the characters have been carved and formed in a strong way but also allow you to add your own interpretation as to their being. The storyline is developed so well you feel you are amongst it.

I found myself rationing myself to a few chapters a visit. I hope the characters surface again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good debut - impressed, 24 May 2013
This was a great romping story and the city milieu/moral dilemma extremely true to life (as an ex-City girl I know these things!), highly recommended, even the tongue-in-cheek name changes of otherwise recognizable City institutions were lightly entertaining and didn't detract. Very much enjoyed it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent City Thriller, 26 July 2011
Nightman (St Albans UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: City Of Thieves (Paperback)
I've read a number of City thrillers and this is definitely one of the best. Provides an interesting byline into the workings of the City Analyst and keeps you guessing how it will all end and whether the bad guys can be taken down. Good plot and decent twists.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good., 17 Mar 2011
i brought this without particularly high hopes and, to be honest, it was a slow starter. it did however engage my interest enough to keep with it and the last two-thirds of the book are pretty exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Financial Thriller, 30 Jan 2011
R. Parker (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Cyrus Moore's City of Thieves is a first rate financial thriller. Using his real life experience as the top telco analyst in London he has written a terrific page turner about how investment banks in the City of London really operate. I can't wait for his next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lee Child jnr, 4 July 2009
A. Shababi (london) - See all my reviews
I had never heard of this author before but thought would try his book out. Finished it in 3 days. I am usually a Lee Child type of author fan and must admit this was not far off. Excellent. Once you get into it was hard to put it down. My wife who does not usually read is halfway through it. Cant wait for the next installment. Well Done Mr Cyrus

4.0 out of 5 stars Rushed ending, 14 Jun 2013
F Arnold "sweet fa" (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: City Of Thieves (Paperback)
A very interesting read, a novellised version of events that might have taken place in an investment bank during the heady days of the early to mid - 2000s before the crash. Or maybe even after. Some well drawn, if somewhat cliche'd characters. exciting development of narrative for the most part and written in such a way that the layman (ie a non-financial person) would easily understand. For the most part I enjoyed it and read it very quickly (always a good sign) but I felt the ending was a bit hurried after what had preceded it. having said that I would look out for another book of this type by Cyrus Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 23 Dec 2010
Good plot, with several interesting twists. I honestly enjoyed this book and City's culture is well captured. Worth the money. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The inside track, 18 Jan 2010
Frances S. Peck (UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book! I loved getting the inside track on the financial world, plus the drama and intrigue, glamour and humour. Also really liked the philosophical thread that runs throughout. For me I know a book's good when I start looking forward to snatching moments in a busy day to read it and miss its world once I've finished. City of Thieves achieved both.

City Of Thieves
City Of Thieves by Cyrus Moore (Paperback - 5 Aug 2010)
6.39