5.0 out of 5 stars Summer's End, 30 April 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
This was the very first Danielle Steele I ever read. I was only 18 and what an introduction it was to the work of this remarkable author.
The story is set in California and it centres around Deanna, wife of a very successful French international lawyer. She paints as a hobbie and spends her summers alone in California while her husband Marc returns to his parents in France.
It was on a trip to Carmel with a friend that Deanna met a stranger with the same interest in art that she has and they begin a very warm passionate relationship but tragedy befalls Deanna....And it really keeps the reader interested until the last page.
I have read it many times since and I still cry, smile and laugh.
Worth reading and a fantastic introduction to the books of Dannielle Steele

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice story, 7 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Deanna was eighteen when she married a handsome Frenchman attorney Marc-Edouard Duras. She meets him when her father dies and leaves her without any money. Marc takes her under his wing and marries her after a very short courtship. But by marrying him she is also giving up her independence and is marrying into a family who feel that she is unsuitable for marc. Deanna is now 37 when she realises what she has given up for Marc she takes comfort in her art which Marc believes is only a hobby.

Will Deanna regain the independence she's lost during her marriage?

I really enjoyed this and read it in a matter of a few hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 11 Jan. 2010
Mrs. A. M. Chadwick (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Over the years I've read a lot of Danielle Steel books and I've found that they aren't always good, but this one I found to be excellent.

Deanna is married to Marc-Edouard Duras, he's an attorney, she has a beautiful home, a daughter and a husband that adored her.

Marc has to go and work out of state for 3 months and is leaving his wife all alone. Deanna decided to occupy herself by doing things she wants to do, she meets a stranger called Ben, he has the same interests in art.

That's all I really want to say about the story as I don't want to give too much away and spoil it for you.

The author grabbed me straight away, and took me a long on Deanna's journey which takes a few twist and turns.

I found the novel very enjoyable and was a compulsive read; this took me a matter oh hours to get through as I really couldn't put the book down. :-)

It's defiantly a book I'd recommend to her fans and to new comers who are trying her novels for the first time. :-)

I'll read this novel again at some point as I really enjoyed it and it was worth every penny. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 26 July 2013
I've just finished reading this lovely book and like a few other reviewers on here, this was actually the first Danielle Steele I have ever read despite being an avid reader, it totally exceeded my expectations! I can't wait to read more from her, and luckily she has written numerous books so its just a matter of deciding which one to start next! Characters and story line were very believable, the author's style of writing made me feel very involved. The book offers perfect escapism and was totally un-putdownable! There are some very upsetting and also frustrating parts but the ending was what I'd hoped for and made me cry! Only slight complaint is that I wish the book had gone on just slightly longer as it left me wanting to find out just a little bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me hooked, 11 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
This was the first ever Danielle Steel book I read and has had me hooked on her as an author ever since!

I think it is a wonderful book and will always remain one of my favourites - read and enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading if you like romances that are like true life, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Another great Danielle Steel book, this is a romance that is more like true life then the typical ones. Happy ever after has to be worked for and things do not always go the way the characters would like, but they just get on with their life and things generally turn out fine in the end. Summer's End keeps readers turning pages right to the end and is a great, if light, read.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
As usual a clever yarn - to weave away a few hours of sheer escapist delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars please put all Danielle steel books on kindle, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Why are Danielle Steel books not all on kindle just a selected few, iam sue all her fans would love to read them all

5.0 out of 5 stars summer's end, 24 Sept. 2009
Mrs. B. Bunce - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Danielle Steel is one of my favourite writers i enjoy reading her books & can't put them down once i start them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Summer's End (Paperback)
Relaxing, easy reading . I liked it. The service was fast and the book as described. I'll buy again in future.

Summer's End
Summer's End by Danielle Steel (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2009)