5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome!!!
This is book you just won't be able to put down, if you're planning on taking on holiday you'd better pack a few more because you'll finish it on the plane!! You'll go through every emotion you have, and a few more besides. As a late comer to Nicholas Sparks books this is probably the one I've enjoyed the most and just wish the poor guy could write faster!
Published on 7 July 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published on 2 Feb 2009 by Domino

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome!!!, 7 July 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so good, 1 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
I couldn't put it down. I guessed what Wilson's plan was part way through, but to read such a book from the male perspective was so very different and so very touching. I had tears in my eyes at least twice. I cannot recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 19 May 2005
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
I found this book a bit slow at first, but from about chapter 3 onwards could not put this book down, it was very unpredictable. I highly reccomend this book to everyone. A very emotional and romantic story about what true love is all about!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 2 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
I read 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks and absolutely loved it, so naturally I couldn't wait to get hold of the sequel. I was aware before reading the book that it had a slow start, but I've read to Chapter 8 and have decided to give up. I think the main problem is the content; the story revolves around a relationship/marriage and an up-coming wedding and that is all that we've read about in 7 whole chapters. I can think of one significant moment of real 'action'. I think that's fine if you can relate to the content, but I can't so I think it was a mistake for me to attempt this book, despite me enjoying 'The Notebook' so much.

The story develops incredibly slowly, quite often I came across patches which were so dull I thought Sparks' may as well have left them out and was surprised they made it into the book at all.

I think this book is aimed at those who have the experience of marriage/being a parent and who enjoy gentle, descriptive stories and aren't fussed about fast-paced, action packed novels. The main character is very well developed, you almost get to read his every thought and I do think characteristation is one of Sparks' strong points. Sparks' writing and use of language is also lovely, and flows beautifully.

I'm disappointed I didn't enjoy this book, but I can see why people do.

5.0 out of 5 stars My idea of true romance, 18 April 2006
I have read many of Nicolas Sparks' books, and as a rule, have enjoyed nearly all of them, but to me, the wedding is the very best so far. It is truely romantic, beautifully written, and the sort of book you want to read over and over. Buy it, read it, remember it, recommend it. That's my advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 23 Jun 2007
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
Wilson Lewis comes to the sad realization one day that after thirty years of marriage his wife, Jane, has fallen out of love with him. Jane's father, Noah, (this book is the sequel to THE NOTEBOOK) has always had respect for Wilson and Noah tells him stories of how he kept Allie from falling out of love with him.

Wilson is an estate lawyer and has spent very little time at home over the years. He realizes that Jane fell out of love with him when he forgot their twenty-ninth wedding anniversary.

Jane was a stay-at-home mom and raised their three kids -- Anna, Joseph, and Leslie.

Anna comes home one day to announce that she is getting married. Because of Noah's health and since her fiancé is heading to college, they want to get married the next Saturday. Anna claims that she wants a small wedding at the courthouse, but her mom, of course, wants a big wedding, even though they only have eight days to put it together.

Saturday is Wilson and Jane's anniversary and Wilson wanted to do something really special this year so he took the week before and the week after their anniversary off from work. He hasn't taken that much time off in eight years!

With all the work to do with the wedding, Wilson has been making Jane dinner more often and trying to help out as much as he can. What will Wilson do to make his wife fall back in love with him, so that she doesn't leave him?

Coming from Nicholas Sparks, this book had a very high bar set for it. And this romantic love story went far beyond that! THE WEDDING is yet another wonderful romance from this amazing author!

Reviewed by: Taylor Rector

5.0 out of 5 stars keep the tissues handy!!!, 31 July 2007
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
this is the sequel to the the notebook and is even more of a tearjerker. Thw story is about wilson - son in law to noah. i did kind of figure out the ending to the book but i still really enjoyed it. The journey of the characters in the book towards the final event in the book is much more interesting and the point of the whole book. noah features in this book and he is dealing with the loss of allie, he is an example of how love still goes on even after the person is gone.

another book that brings tears on every page. keep a big box of tissues handy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wedding, 4 April 2008
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
I am slowly working my way through the Nicholas Sparks books having just ordered every single publication he has done from Amazon!!! I read this one a while ago and again I can say I just love this man's writing it is so refreshing to have love stories from a man's perspective, not always too slushy but a lot of the time keeping it real. This story makes you look at your own relationships do we take eachother for granted?

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Lovely, 4 July 2005
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
Having read the Notebook when it first came out I recommended it to everyone I knew but then didnt see any of his other works out here for ages.
I came across a load all at once (Walk To Remember, The Guardian, The Rescue) and have now found The Wedding - yay a follow up! Not exactly a sequel as Noah only plays a small (yet important) role in this story, it is nonetheless just as romantic and wonderful as the Notebook.
I feel all warm inside from reading this and Im not ashamed to say so. Well done Nick - another keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL AND TOUCHING, 26 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
After being recommended to watch The Notebook and enjoying it immensely I popped along to my local library to try and borrow the book, instead of finding The Notebook on the shelf I found this sequel and thought I'd give it a try.

This is a beautiful story about what it means to keep a marriage alive throughout the many ups and downs that life throws at us and the mundane routines of every day life. I found it an absolute joy to read and at many points found myself sympathetic to the needs of both lead characters and the battle between trying to provide financially for your family and the sacrifices that brings versus the need to be there for the memorable stuff like birthday parties, sports days and school plays.

Marriage is all about compromise and hard work and this book illustrates this perfectly - I was crying buckets at the end of this book. Beautiful and well written and I preferred it to The Notebook.

The Wedding
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)