5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!!
This was the first of Nicholas Sparks books that i read and im so glad that I brought it! I enjoyed it so much that i have gone on to buy many more of his books. I couldnt put this one down and it was a shock ending to find out who killed Missy. I would never have guessed it and that is what made the book so great. It wasn't a predictable story and it was so well written...
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy & disappointing...
After having read two Nicholas Sparks novels in recent weeks and being blown away by them, I looked forward to reading this. The blurb made it seem as though it would be just as captivating and intriguing as the others; but it was nowhere near the same standard unfortunately. The story was ever so predictable. I figured out before the halfway point who 'did it'. Then it...
Published on 9 Feb 2011 by WindsorMummy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 26 Feb 2014
As always a lovely read. An easy bedtime read with a enjoyable story. On to the next Nicholas Sparks book.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good!, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Bend In The Road: A A (Paperback)
Fantastic! I really enjoyed the story throughout the book. I was always interested in what was going to happen next.

5.0 out of 5 stars i couldn't believe it!, 6 Oct 2013
@daisjacklin (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bend In The Road: A A (Paperback)
i have quite a few of Nicholas Sparks' books, i love the way he writes... however this is possibly the best book i've read so far of his! I've never been on the edge of my seat so much and i didn't expect the ending at all. once you pick up this book you really can't put it down so i'd make sure you have a few days to read (although it only took me 24 hours!!). fantastic book and arrived the day after i ordered! thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bend In The Road, 29 Jun 2013
Nicholas Sparks seems to have carved a corner in the market for well written romance novels. I was surprised to learn how many have been made into films.

This story is about a widow (US Sheriff) coming to terms with the loss of his wife while raising their young son. Meeting his son's teacher to discuss educational issues eventually leads to romance. Meanwhile the Sheriff continues to investigate his wife's death by a hit and run driver. There are a few unexpected twists and turns as the story progresses and overall I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

I would describe this book as ideal holiday reading. Plenty to keep you interested but not a heavy taxing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars An awesome read!, 10 Jun 2013
This book by Nicholas Sparks like all of his other novels is extraordinarily moving, unexpecting and lovely. I didn't expect a lot of the ending which was good because his novels tend to have the same structure although they are all impressive and even inspirational. I really admire his work and hope there is a film to this novel like the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Bend In The Road (Paperback)
Yet another brilliant book by Nicholas Sparks, l love all his books, every-one has been the type that once you pick it up you can
not put down til you finish it. They are romances but that is the type of book l like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Nicholas Sparks best but very good anyway, 24 May 2013
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Paperback)
Not Nicholas Sparks best but very good anyway, it doesn't hold a candle to The notebook or The wedding but it is quite interesting and written in that emotional way that only Nicholas Sparks can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Perfection, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Bend In The Road: A A (Paperback)
I have loved all of the Sparks books that I have read and 'A Bend In The Road' is no exception and might just be my favourite of his novels. It follows the story of Miles who was widowed with a young son as he falls in love again and how he copes with not knowing who killed his wife. I would say that the story is guessable and I had worked out the plot but Sparks throws in twists and turns that had me doubting it before it actually happened. The characterisation is again perfect as I have come to expect from a Sparks novel and I really enjoyed reading about their lives, they are all likeable people and easy to relate to which made it more enjoyable to read their story. The novel is of course very emotional as I again have come to expect from a Sparks novel and I found myself close to tears on several occassions but for me that is a sign that it is well written and that I felt a connection with the novel. I was only sad when this novel ended, an absolute must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 31 Jan 2013
Another good book by Nicholas sparks ... really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down until I had finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it!!, 13 Jan 2013
Couldn't put the book down! Has a great twist at the end! Really enjoyed reading it. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys a romance and mysteries!

A Bend In The Road: A A
A Bend In The Road: A A by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)