5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!!
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy & disappointing...
Published on 9 Feb 2011 by WindsorMummy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!!, 14 Aug 2011
This was the first of Nicholas Sparks books that i read and im so glad that I brought it! I enjoyed it so much that i have gone on to buy many more of his books. I couldnt put this one down and it was a shock ending to find out who killed Missy. I would never have guessed it and that is what made the book so great. It wasn't a predictable story and it was so well written. Yes, most of his books are a few years old, but that doesnt matter. The story lines in all his books are so good that even if they were written 50 years ago, i would still read them and be impressed. Even if you dont buy this story, definitely try another one of Nicholas' books and im sure you will come back to buy more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy & disappointing..., 9 Feb 2011
WindsorMummy (Windsor) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Paperback)
After having read two Nicholas Sparks novels in recent weeks and being blown away by them, I looked forward to reading this. The blurb made it seem as though it would be just as captivating and intriguing as the others; but it was nowhere near the same standard unfortunately. The story was ever so predictable. I figured out before the halfway point who 'did it'. Then it was just a case of biding my time and plodding on through the rest of the cheese to have my suspicions confirmed. I couldn't form any relationship with the characters, like I've been able to in the other books of his that I'd read. I saw it through to the end simply because I cannot leave a book unfinished once I've started. To summarise: Predictable, cheesy & bland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too obvious!, 25 Feb 2002
Maria Borges de Almeida (1250-087 Lisboa, Portugal Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Hardcover)
Nicholas Sparks is or maybe used to be one of my favorite authors of our age. "Message in a Bottle" was the first book I read and I confess that not only I read the book but also saw the movie at least 4 times and bought the CD. I also read the book in portuguese but it has nothing to do with the original. The translation is awful.
"A walk to Remember" was also a great book. Both stories mayde me cry in the end.
I was so happy to know that a new book was coming and I ordered "A Bend in the Road" right away. I read it in less than a week but, for the first time, I didn't cry, I wasn't touched by the author's words. I already felt that in "The Rescue". I know that we always have at least a dead person in his stories but the "killer" in this one was so obvious. You could guess the end and maybe that was the author's biggest mistake. I hope next time it will not happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful novel by Nicholas Sparks, 9 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Hardcover)
I always like reading Sparks' novels. He has a wonderful way of describe his characters. When I first start reading, I can hardly stop before the last page. This is one of his best!

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it like his others!!!, 4 Feb 2002
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Hardcover)
Nicolas sparks is so inspiring, and i hold a love for all the books i have read of his, this was an emotional love story both lovers with problems of their own that haunts them from the past. Although i must admit message in a bottle is still the one and only best. Its a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance at it's best, 6 Dec 2003
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Paperback)
This book is very romantic and makes a great read, sparks is a wonderful writer and really brings the story to life. The book is about love under very tough circumstances that just get harder and has a very good twist in it. I loved reading this and would recommend it to all readers, especially ones who like a little weep or romance. Its the type of book that once you pick it up you can put it down again, worth a read!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad romantic read - give it a go if nothing else to read., 14 July 2007
L. Rothwell "angel555" (Essex, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Hardcover)
I read this book while on holiday in America and to be honest I only read it as I couldn't find anything else at the time. It was an alright read but I do find Nicholas Sparks books sometimes a little bit on the slow side. However, after getting into it, it was a good story but a little bit predictable. If you are after a slow, mushy romantic novel then this would fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sparks does it again!, 8 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Bend in the Road (Hardcover)
This is an emotional tale about a couple's new-found happiness & the shocking secret that threatens to keep them apart.
Miles Ryan's life felt like it ended the day his wife was killed in a hit-&-run accident. While Miles struggles with the unanswered question of who murdered his wife, their son suffers with nightmares & is struggling in school. A parent-teacher conference is called & enter Sarah Andrews, Jonah's second grade teacher. Sarah is new to the town & trying to rebuild her own life after a disappointing first marriage.
As Sarah & Miles work together to help Jonah catch up, they fall in love. They discover that their newfound love starts to soothe the pain of their pasts & they begin to think of a future together. But something else binds them together beside their love.
A Bend in the Road is told from a unique viewpoint - that of the driver of the car that killed Missy. Writing in a journal the murderer lives with the guilt & nightmares. When the murderer is unveiled, can Miles' & Sarah's new love withstand the shocking secret?
Nicholas Sparks does it again! This is another example of why he is America's best-loved & bestselling author of stories of the heart. I highly recommend this heart-breaking mystery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 July 2014
Another good book by Nicholas sparks. Great twist in the book that I didn't expect, but has a very good ending

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
I really enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks and this was no exception comes highly recommended. The book has it's usual twists and turns.

A Bend In The Road: A A
A Bend In The Road: A A by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)