5.0 out of 5 stars Nicholas Sparks has done it again!!!!!
Published on 18 Feb 2006 by Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing again
this is the sequel to "True Believer" and i wasnt perticularily impressed with and wasnt impressed with this either. i was actually willing it to end. some of the plots just didnt fit in with the overall story and i felt it didnt really know where it was going.

Published on 11 Dec 2007 by Lindymck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicholas Sparks has done it again!!!!!, 18 Feb 2006
Lizzie (Newtownards Co Down) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: At First Sight (Hardcover)
While this novel could be read on its own it is in fact the sequel to 'True Believer' which I also highly recommend. Having already fallen in love with the characters of Lexie and Jeremy in the first book, I couldn't wait to begin this one. This one begins after Jeremy leaves his 'exciting' life in New York to set up home with Lexie his true love and soulmate and against all odds await the birth of their first child.
I don't want to give anything away but the reader is taken on a rollercoaster of emotions as the book charts their engagement and subsequent marriage. Please keep the tissues handy for this one as Nicholas Sparks once again shows his intense insight of the human spirit, and how it can triumph despite what life sometimes gives us.
Click add to basket and give yourself a treat from a wonderful storyteller!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars he still has what it takes, 16 Nov 2006
K. Sproson (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
i was walking through asda price when i saw that nicholas sparks had a new book, i didn't even look at what it was about as i knew i wouldn't be disappointed.

'At first sight' carrys on after sparks 'True believer' where we follow Jeremy and Lexie's life since he moved his whole life to be with her.

I felt that you wouldn't need to read true believer before hand and if anything it would make you want to read it or for those who have to go back and re-read it.

Sparks continues to deleiver what he does best with yet another excellent book that plays with all your emotions.

Brilliant you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing again, 11 Dec 2007
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)

i love this author but i was really disappointed that this novel wasnt as good as what i have read previously

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything Sparks, 31 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: At First Sight (Hardcover)
Everything Mr. Sparks writes is extrordinary. I love his style and is words and settings, especially the romance takes my breath away. 'At First Sight' is no different. He is a wonderful detail driven author. Recommending-Everything Mr. Sparks Writes especially "True Believer", Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Story of life, love and loss, 7 Oct 2007
M. A. Ramos (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
Once again Nicholas Sparks has written a novel that flows and seems so natural. The plot is well thought out, his dialog is believable and you can actually see the story-taking place.

He is able to take you on the roller coaster ride of life with this small book. You will experience joy, laughter, sadness, frustration, hope and love. This story follows the relationship of a couple and how they learn who each other really are.

I did not seek this book out it was given to me. And I was surprised to find that I read the entire book in one evening. The book is well written and easy to read. And though I gave it only three stars, the fine woman who gave me the book to read would have given him a five.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful gift. Thank you, Mr. Sparks!!, 8 Dec 2008
If "True Believer" was a big disappointment, the sequel, "At First Sight", was almost a shock. A great, wonderful surprise. What a beautiful book! About love, joy and sorrow. About life in all its reality - the greatest loss, the greatest gift

The first part of the book may be a bit like "True Believer" in as much as it tends to be too detailed. I think that with proper editing, the main facts from "True Believer" plus a more to the point version of the first part of "At First Sight" - together with the incredible last part and ending, would have made one perfect book. Concentrating on the miracle of love, the ghosts and mysteries a side line.

But nothing can ruin the beauty and sincerety of "At First Sight" after Lexie and Jeremy's wedding. Lexie seems transformed in this book, or is it just that her earlier behaviour is finally properly explained?

"True Believer" felt like robbery. "At First Sight" a gift. After having finished it, I sat for a long time with the book in my hands. Love. What matters more in our short lives?

A beautiful gift. Thank you, Mr. Sparks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Read 'True Believer' first if you want to know what's going on., 31 July 2007
maya j (Quail Crossing) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
I didn't realize that 'At First Sight' was essentially a sequel to True Believer. Right from the beginning, it rang hollow with me and the characters didn't seem very well fleshed out. I frankly had a hard time accepting why this great guy from New York would give up his fabulous life for a woman like Lexie. She was irritating, high maintenance, childish, bratty, selfish- and the list goes on. I just couldn't envision their relationship, and from the plot line, evidently, his friends had a hard time with it too. At any rate, this irritating scenario transpired over many pages, and I kept thinking- "Is there going to be some sort of SOMETHING happening?" because it was really needing it. Needless to say, Nicholas Sparks has an easy-going writing style, and his stories always end up with a cloyingly sweet finish, so getting through the book wasn't a problem- understanding the characters was. It seems as though he was trying to evolve a plot line that just wasn't there. It now, however, makes sense to me that I did not understand the dynamics of the characters or why he loved the woman in this story so much, because I had not read the first book, 'True Believer.' Now that it's too late to go back, I would definitely recommend that a person read that book first, and then maybe 'At First Sight' would hold more credibility and understanding. It started out not making sense, and it ended that way for me. It wasn't the worst book in the world, but I didn't love it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 6 April 2014
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
I fell in love with Jeremy & Lexie and their relationship in True Believer. I was so excited to see that Sparks had written a follow up because I wanted to see how the relationship would develop and to see hoe Jeremy was coping in living in a small town, after being (I'm guessing) a typical New Yorker and loving it, seeing how Lexie deals with the changed that being in a relationship brings, the day to day things that they have to work through as a couple.

It was beautifully written and the ending took my breath away. It was everything you'd expect from a Nicholas Sparks' book, and if you're a fan, don't hestitate.

3.0 out of 5 stars bit tedious, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
Read from library. Had read true believer (which wasnt my most liked of his books) and others by this author that I loved. I have taken weeks to read this as read few pages then read something else as couldnt get into book. Agree with reviewer maya j. Didnt like lexie. Came across as money grasping and controlling in this book. He uproots his life for her. She doesnt tell him beforehand that they wont live together until married also she has plans for bigger house & she tells him what car he must buy, then the house. All his money. He has to live in dump of motel. He comes across weak. She is determined to change him to fit in with locals. He is from new york and they are living in the boonies. The ending was good but didnt affect me as his other books did. Those books left me emotionally drained. This, was sad but I was glad to have got to the end. Book well written but I didnt connect to characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: At First Sight (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazing! But if your going to read it be sure to have a box of tissues at the ready :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

At First Sight
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)