5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!
I bought this book while on holiday with my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it. The characters in the book are easy to relate to and there are some quite funny moments in the book and also parts which make you sit back and think.

Published on 6 July 2010 by MarkyMark

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best...
This is the first Jenny Colgan book I have read and I wasnt that impressed...
I agree with the other reviews that the blurb is mis-leading, however I found the character Posy, quite an honest portrayal of a young woman of the noughties, I loved the interations between her and her friends. And at some points, I laughed out loud at the one liners...
Published on 1 July 2010 by H. E. Greenslade

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 1 July 2010
H. E. Greenslade (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
This is the first Jenny Colgan book I have read and I wasnt that impressed...

However, the story was a little silly...again, I agree with the other reviewers that Posy isnt particularly likable, she clearly has a lovely boyfriend, but its a case of the grass is always greener.

I finished the book and I loved the ending...if totally predictable. But it left you with a warm feeling. Id recommend it for a holiday read, but it wouldnt be a book I would read again

1.0 out of 5 stars Did this book have an editor?, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I have never bothered to give a book a bad review before, but this one does need to come with a warning. A lot of the faults have already been mentioned: incorrect blurb, slow storylines etc. For me though, by far the worst thing was the quality of writing. I had to read so many sentences over again. One sentence is actually a staggering 92 WORDS LONG!!!!!!(And no, it wasn't a character's rant or anything that can be justified) This is not a patch on the normal Sophie Kinsella style chick lit.

As other reviews have said, I may not even end up finishing this. I can't be bothered with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars probably one to miss, 27 May 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I loved Jenny's last book Diamond's are a girl's best friend so eagerly looked forward to this. I wish I had taken more notice of Leah's review and saved myself from buying it. The synopsis on the back must have been written by someone who hadn't read the book as Posy's engagement is broken as a result of her going to see ex boyfriends and lying about this to her long suffering fiance.

It's tricky as Jenny must have spent a while writing this book and I feel bad but the only bit I liked was the brief visit to a Scottish Island and that barely took a chapter. Maybe if there had been something to like about the main character, Posy, it would have been easier to read?

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 1 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
After recently reading Jenny Colgan's more popular book 'Operation Sunshine', I had high expectations for this book. Although, I was left bored after the first chapter. It was hard to understand where the story was heading but when it did start to unravel, I found it very predictable. I would recommend this book if you wanted a easy, light read but if you're looking for something interesting and witty, then look somewhere else.

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, 29 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I tried to read this book and ended up skimming through it in seach of an interesting scene - I hadn't any joy. I hated everything about the good the bad and the dumped: the characters are uncoinvincing and flat, the plot is lousy. But worst of all, the language is hardly what I'd call a disply of the craft. I don't usually give books away, but I'm tempted to throw this one in the bin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh, 24 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I looked on Amazon for ages looking for a good sounding chick-flick,and came across this one and it appealed to me very much. However it was a strange read because it's hard to say whether i liked it or not. So three stars it is. The bad points of the book was that it dived straight in, which fair enough some people like, but i felt like i needed to get to know the characters. But the author seemed to set up the characters like you already knew them. I thought the main character Posy was okay, but i wasn't keen on her sister or best friend at all, i found them hard to like. It wasn't the most humourous book but it had some good moments, most particularly i liked it when Posy remembered back to her past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 6 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)

The story centres around Posy, who's seemingly perfect hunky boyfriend Matt proposes to her on top of the mountain where they had their first date. Posy hoewever, soons has doubts and sets out to find all her ex boyfriends on facebook in order to track them down and discover if she has Mr Right or if she let Mr Right get away. (I wont say any more as i dont want to spoil the book for anyone).

I know alot of the reviews for this book are not that great,but give it a chance! There are some real funny character in this book, (like Posy's sister Fluer who was married by a tree to a drummer at Glastonbury. I was totally gripped by the book and couldnt stop reading it! I will deffinetly buy more Jenny Colgan books after reading this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your time or money on this book!!, 23 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
This is my first and most definatly the last Jenny Colgan book I have purchased, it is also the only book I havn't been able to finish! I normally finish books in a few days but I have been tackling this book for 2 weeks and still have 50 pgs left and I just can't face finishing it I have wasted enough time.

The most irritating thing about this book is how misleading the back cover is. The main character Posy wasn't some innocent party who was suddenly dumped by her fiancee with no explanation, she was dumped because she lied to her fiancee about finding wedding venues in Scotland, what she was actually doing was visiting an ex. She is filled with doubts for the short time they are engaged so starts stalking her ex's basicly to see if there is anything better out there! Posy is not a likeable character at all she is spoilt, irratating and selfish, I hope at the end of the book she ends up alone as she doesn't deserve any of the men in the story even the unlikable ones (which is most) but as this book is going straight in the bin I will never know and honestly I don't really care!

2.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the BORING!, 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I found this book fairly boring and had no real excitement, there were a couple of funny moments but nothing that particularly made me like the book or think the character is funny.

3.0 out of 5 stars like marmite either you will love this book or hate it!!, 29 May 2010
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I was very disappointed in this latest book by Jenny Colgan, I was really looking forward to getting the book then when I first started reading the book I could just tell where the book was leading and how it was going to end. There were no surprises in the book which I was rather shocked Ms Colgan in past books I was always wondering how things were going to develop but this one it just kept going from one stupid scene to the next, you could not blame Fleur and Lily for being so fed up with Posy, if she was my friend think I would just be the exact same. Posy was the typical "grass is always greener" though I suppose you could blame her upbringing for that so it was another typical blame the parents!! If you just want to waste a couple of days "good for the beach read" in other words a book where you do not have to do a lot of thinking about this is the book for you-.. but if you really want a great reading book with a great storyline...go else where. Cathy Kelly for an example!!

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
The Good, The Bad And The Dumped by Jenny Colgan (Paperback - 13 May 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available