5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!
I bought this book while on holiday with my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it. The characters in the book are easy to relate to and there are some quite funny moments in the book and also parts which make you sit back and think.

Published on 6 July 2010 by MarkyMark

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best...
This is the first Jenny Colgan book I have read and I wasnt that impressed...
I agree with the other reviews that the blurb is mis-leading, however I found the character Posy, quite an honest portrayal of a young woman of the noughties, I loved the interations between her and her friends. And at some points, I laughed out loud at the one liners...
Published on 1 July 2010 by H. E. Greenslade

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 1 July 2010
H. E. Greenslade (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
This is the first Jenny Colgan book I have read and I wasnt that impressed...

However, the story was a little silly...again, I agree with the other reviewers that Posy isnt particularly likable, she clearly has a lovely boyfriend, but its a case of the grass is always greener.

I finished the book and I loved the ending...if totally predictable. But it left you with a warm feeling. Id recommend it for a holiday read, but it wouldnt be a book I would read again

1.0 out of 5 stars Did this book have an editor?, 9 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I have never bothered to give a book a bad review before, but this one does need to come with a warning. A lot of the faults have already been mentioned: incorrect blurb, slow storylines etc. For me though, by far the worst thing was the quality of writing. I had to read so many sentences over again. One sentence is actually a staggering 92 WORDS LONG!!!!!!(And no, it wasn't a character's rant or anything that can be justified) This is not a patch on the normal Sophie Kinsella style chick lit.

As other reviews have said, I may not even end up finishing this. I can't be bothered with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 1 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
After recently reading Jenny Colgan's more popular book 'Operation Sunshine', I had high expectations for this book. Although, I was left bored after the first chapter. It was hard to understand where the story was heading but when it did start to unravel, I found it very predictable. I would recommend this book if you wanted a easy, light read but if you're looking for something interesting and witty, then look somewhere else.

2.0 out of 5 stars probably one to miss, 27 May 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I loved Jenny's last book Diamond's are a girl's best friend so eagerly looked forward to this. I wish I had taken more notice of Leah's review and saved myself from buying it. The synopsis on the back must have been written by someone who hadn't read the book as Posy's engagement is broken as a result of her going to see ex boyfriends and lying about this to her long suffering fiance.

It's tricky as Jenny must have spent a while writing this book and I feel bad but the only bit I liked was the brief visit to a Scottish Island and that barely took a chapter. Maybe if there had been something to like about the main character, Posy, it would have been easier to read?

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh, 24 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I looked on Amazon for ages looking for a good sounding chick-flick,and came across this one and it appealed to me very much. However it was a strange read because it's hard to say whether i liked it or not. So three stars it is. The bad points of the book was that it dived straight in, which fair enough some people like, but i felt like i needed to get to know the characters. But the author seemed to set up the characters like you already knew them. I thought the main character Posy was okay, but i wasn't keen on her sister or best friend at all, i found them hard to like. It wasn't the most humourous book but it had some good moments, most particularly i liked it when Posy remembered back to her past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 6 July 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)

The story centres around Posy, who's seemingly perfect hunky boyfriend Matt proposes to her on top of the mountain where they had their first date. Posy hoewever, soons has doubts and sets out to find all her ex boyfriends on facebook in order to track them down and discover if she has Mr Right or if she let Mr Right get away. (I wont say any more as i dont want to spoil the book for anyone).

I know alot of the reviews for this book are not that great,but give it a chance! There are some real funny character in this book, (like Posy's sister Fluer who was married by a tree to a drummer at Glastonbury. I was totally gripped by the book and couldnt stop reading it! I will deffinetly buy more Jenny Colgan books after reading this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I tried to read this book and ended up skimming through it in seach of an interesting scene - I hadn't any joy. I hated everything about the good the bad and the dumped: the characters are uncoinvincing and flat, the plot is lousy. But worst of all, the language is hardly what I'd call a disply of the craft. I don't usually give books away, but I'm tempted to throw this one in the bin.

4.0 out of 5 stars a definite read that i think most people can relate to, 20 Jan. 2012
jamie leigh (southampton, hampshire, uk) - See all my reviews
The World Wide Web a place of information, facts and Facebook. This is a really good read with a slight comical side.

Its about a women named Posy who in all fairness has had her fare share of complicated and different relationships from the good, the bad and yes the dumped.
Posy gets engaged to Matt her gym working boyfriend who seems so much different from Posy or that's how we think at first. Panic sets in as Posy wonders what her life could have been like if she had stayed with each and everyone of her ex's. So Posy sets out to find her ex partners on Facebook, and lets be honest who secretly has not done this just to see how they have turned out, who they are with where there live has taken them etc. Posy in a irrational state of mind seeks out Chris, Aaron and Almaric all ex boyfriends, she embarks on a mission of self discovery to find what went wrong with them? why marriage was never an option? and its on the journey she not only looses Matt who she has lied to but discovers that the one thing she wanted and really needed, she had the entire time, Posy has grown up with a unusual up bringing and a has come from a broken family and this journey of self discovery not only finds her realizing what she had but also makes her realize what shes been hiding from and avoiding all these years. Facebook addict Posy traces her steps back into her past but in doing so find what she wants for her future.

its a good read for the modern lady who likes a bit of love, humor and good old girly read.

5.0 out of 5 stars totally entertaining, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
I decided to write a quick review of this book which I have only just finished reading (started it yesterday evening) and want to add a few positive thoughts.
I think it is a lovely and enjoyable story and to be honest, I didn't find it that predictable. OK, the end didn't amaze me - true, but there were times during the novel where I was expecting the plot to wander off in a completely different direction.
I found the depiction of the mother-daughter relationship compelling and Posy as a protagonist I really liked, just as such much as I enjoyed the girlfriend/sister chats.
The end even brought a (happy) tear to my eye and I was truly disappointed when I turned the last page as I could have gone on reading for a lot longer.
There is only ONE part of the novel I thought was unnecessary - the wedding scene and Margie's entrance. In my opinion, the plot doesn't need any slapstick-touches and I was glad to leave Wales behind.

I do have to add that I was sitting on my balcony in the sun, relaxing and on holiday - the book was a perfect choice for such a day! :-)
All in all, I would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your time or money on this book!!, 23 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped (Paperback)
This is my first and most definatly the last Jenny Colgan book I have purchased, it is also the only book I havn't been able to finish! I normally finish books in a few days but I have been tackling this book for 2 weeks and still have 50 pgs left and I just can't face finishing it I have wasted enough time.

The most irritating thing about this book is how misleading the back cover is. The main character Posy wasn't some innocent party who was suddenly dumped by her fiancee with no explanation, she was dumped because she lied to her fiancee about finding wedding venues in Scotland, what she was actually doing was visiting an ex. She is filled with doubts for the short time they are engaged so starts stalking her ex's basicly to see if there is anything better out there! Posy is not a likeable character at all she is spoilt, irratating and selfish, I hope at the end of the book she ends up alone as she doesn't deserve any of the men in the story even the unlikable ones (which is most) but as this book is going straight in the bin I will never know and honestly I don't really care!

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
The Good, The Bad And The Dumped by Jenny Colgan (Paperback - 13 May 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01